Church Automotive  » Cars  »
0.5
Church Street, Mount Clemens, Michigan
  • The best thing about them was that they always fixed our trucks quick
  • I would not recommend them for auto repairs

• by beenthereusedthat

For years I have been taking my work trucks to Church Automotive. The owner seemed nice enough, besides the staring at my chest everytime I came in. The best thing about them was that they always fixed our trucks quick.

Knowing that without the trucks we could not send guys out on the jobs, they always had them fixed within a day or two. Recently tho, we were noticing that they were always coming up with additional

things that needed to be done and trying to charge outrageous prices.

Seriously, over $500 to flush the fluids, sounds high to me. Especially when I received a competitor’s coupon for $65 for a transmission flush, they wanted $250, for the same thing.

Anyways, I took the truck in for some maintenance and informed them that the engine was making a ticking sound-not loud, but it was there and lasted about 5 minutes after starting it, then would ...

• stop. He insisted that it needed not one, but two engine flushes.

My husband told him no, that he has heard that engine flushes are the worst thing for older vehicles. Well, he didn’t listen to us (and charged double) to flush the engine twice.

Not even a month later, the engine seized. I disputed the almost $1,200 charge on the credit card, because of course it was not his fault according to him.

He fought

the dispute, so we took it to another mechanic and they agreed with us. When they looked at the vehicle, the sludge from the flush was left at the bottom, which causes the oil not to circulate thru the engine and causes the engine to seize.

I would not recommend them for auto repairs. I could see if they made a mistake, but take responsibility for them and make it right.

Obviously, they missed that day of school.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92108443630931/k2311a0821/8.21.08