Catch me when I fall by Nicci French  » Books  »
1.5
  • I have to say, that I don't think I would ever be compelled to read another Nicci French book again
  • I would NOT recommend this book remotely, it's a complete waste of your money and time

• by razorblades

I had often seen Nicci French books in the book shop, but the book description was never anything that jumped up and grabbed me.

I was given Catch Me When I Fall as a gift a while ago. It took a few weeks before I actually picked it up to read it. The

story is based around the life of Holly Krauss. She is a beautiful successful woman, with a great husband and great friends. She find herself taking risks and chances and she becomes more and more reckless with who she flirts with and the personal and business decisions she makes. This continues on as her friends and family start to loose patience with her. That is the general story. There are a few twists and turns, but nothing all the extraordinary.

I have to say, that I don’t think I would ever be compelled to read another Nicci French book again. The plot is ...

• Catch me when I fall by Nicci French
      weak, and not fully backed up by any fact, just the authors random perceptions. The concepts that are explored in the book do not seem to be fully researched and the business success of the character seems based on a flimsy concept.

I cannot even say that this book was an enjoyable time filler

(and I have read a huge amount of pulp fiction), in fact it annoyed me to the core due to the fact that it wasted my time with a story line that was a weak, badly conceived, badly researched and badly executed.

I would NOT recommend this book remotely, it’s a complete waste of your money and time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172008442950831/k2311a0820/8.20.08