Tuesdays with Morrie

• by Ellen11

Although it’s been read by several, I can’t speak highly enough of this book. It’s a true story of a student and a professor, Morrie, who is dying of Lou Gherig’s disease.

He spends Tuesdays with him talking about life, death, happiness, marriage, etc.

It is appropriate for all races, genders, and ages, although I feel it is especially meaningful to people like

me who have parents that are getting older.

After reading this book many times, I take something new away from it after each read.

My latest lesson learned from this book is to not wait until loved ones have passed before letting them know how much they are loved and cared for.

Just last month, I hosted a surprise 70th birthday party for my ...

• father.

My siblings and I are taking him to San Francisco since he’s never been out west.

The slightly off thing about it was that his birthday isn’t until six months from now.

His schedule, though happened to be free in August, and he’s healthy now, so we thought, why wait? We showered him with kind words about him and there wasn’t a dry

eye in the house.

He was so overjoyed and so touched.

He even made the comment that most people never get to hear all the good things about because they’re often not spoken until they’re dead.

We didn’t want to let that happen to my dad.

My idea all stemmed from Tuesdays With Morrie.

If you haven’t read this book, you can’t fully live life until you do.

Tuesdays with Morrie
    Violet says :

What is the plot of the book? What makes it appropriate for readers of all ages, genders, and races? Who were the main characters in the book? Who wrote the book and why did you find it so moving? What was your favorite part of the book?

To be quite frank, nothing in this review can convince me that you actually read the novel.

Alpha2Zulu says :

Tuesdays With Morrie is about the relationship between a professor and his student, now grown, as they teach each other about the meaning of life and what really matters. Mitch, the student, is able to repair relationships in his own life in part because of the advice and lessons Morrie has given him. It is appropriate for all ages, genders and races because it is a topic that we can all understand and appreciate regardless of any of those factors. Morrie and Mitch are the main characters. Seeing Mitch take to Morrie in his old age was very special to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171908442320131/k2311a0819/8.19.08