Island Grill Restaurant Cape May NJ  » Restaurants  »
Cape May, New Jersey
  • We didn't care about menu items or cost--we just wanted food and a roof over our heads
  • Definitely check this place out if you are in the Cape May area

• by Ellen11

My husband and I are now on year number three for Cape May summer vacations. We try not to spend much during the year, but aren’t afraid to splurge a bit when we’re on vacation.

One of our favorite things to do is try new restaurants.

Although Cape May offers several in walking distance from our rental home, we always try to find those “hidden gems” that many

haven’t discovered yet.

Last year, we stumbled upon the Island Grill Restaurant because it was pouring rain, we had no umbrella, and it was the first thing we saw when we came out of one of the local shops.

We didn’t care about menu items or cost–we just wanted food and a roof over our heads! We were pleasantly surprised by everything–the ambiance, the food, the service, the ...

• menu selection…even the cost was very reasonable.

It is a BYOB, and there happens to be a liquor store right next door.

Last year, we didn’t make a wine run due to the rain, but we just dined there again a few days ago, and we did pick up a bottle to go with dinner.

The meals were out of this world.

Last year, I got a chicken

pasta dish, and this year my husband and I both got the scallop special which comes with rice, fresh vegetables, and a sauce of your choice drizzled over the scallops.

Although scallops are my favorite seafood, I often don’t enjoy them out because restaurants tend to oversalt them, but Island Grill’s Restaurant prepared them perfectly! Definitely check this place out if you are in the Cape May area.

You won’t be disapointed!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71908442260131/k2311a0819/8.19.08