Vicks Formula 44 Cough Control - Dextromethorphan HBr
  • Although I still suggest that everyone else should consult medical professionals

• by eden_shii

Dextromethorphan, based on my research, is a substance used as a cough suppressant. This is the substance we can usually find in cough syrups or cough lolly or lozenges.

This substance is found in the medicine that I am using right now and that is Vicks Formula 44. I am having cough right now. According to the doctor

it is due to changing climate. She suggested that I get an over-the-counter cough syrup.

Anyway, I got this medicine and used it as directed. I take 10 ml or 2 teaspoons of it every six to eight hours a day. But only for three times a day. Honestly, it relieves my cough. It really warms my throat ...

• and I feel like those bacteria in my throat are washed out. Its effect will last for quite a number of hours.

For now, I am feeling better because of this medicine. I am thankful of this medicine because I was told by the doctor that if my cough persists for more than a week, I have to

consult her again and she might change medications. Well, because of this medicine, I have saved money. And also, it relieves my cough and thereby making me sleep tight at night.

I also use this cough syrup along with the Vicks ointment. These two products are really effective for me. Although I still suggest that everyone else should consult medical professionals.

Kiran says :

Can it be taken safely to control cough with productive cold as well as non productive cold?

eden_shii replies :

I think the best thing you should do is to consult a doctor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261908441960131/k2311a0819/8.19.08