Kill Bill Part 1 Starring Uma Thurman  » Movies  »
2.0
  • I was bored today and so I decided to watch a DVD
  • Anyway, both of them fought each other and I think the fight scene is a bit good and well executed
  • Black Mamba succeeded in her aim of killing Verni but unfortunately Verni's daughter saw her

• by eden_shii

I was bored today and so I decided to watch a DVD. I thought I should watch and action film. I’ve never seen Uma Thurman in an action film except in that Batman Movie Series. So, I finally decided to watch Kill Bill part 1.

I forgot the names of the actors in the movie and all I can remember are Uma Thurman and Lucy Liu. The movie is a bit unusual or should I say a totally different action film.

Well, although the theme is still about revenge, but the way it was sequenced is totally different. The very introduction of the movie is quite classical. Plus the

music is a bit old style which adds to the ‘uniqueness’ of the movie.

The first scene shows the latest event of Black Mamba’s life. This is the codename of Uma in the movie. Black Mamba was once the member of a Death Squad and she was betrayed by them and so she decided to take revenge.

Black Mamba got into the house of another Death Squad member whom she wants to kill. This member has a codename Copperhair (as I can remember). She is Verni and has a daughter. Anyway, both of them fought each other and I think the fight scene is a bit good and well ...

• executed. It was just a bit funny when the daughter of Verni arrived and both of them acted as if nothing is wrong (although obviously they were both bleeding). Black Mamba succeeded in her aim of killing Verni but unfortunately Verni’s daughter saw her. Well, she went out of the house calmly.

Then the movie flashed back 4 years before the event. And it showed the root why Uma’s character desired revenge and most importantly to kill Bill, their head in the Death Squad.

Uma’s character was assassined by the Squad. They thought Black Mamba died but they were wrong. Then, after that event, when Black Mamba woke up

from coma, she made a deathlist with Bill being on the last.

The first person she killed was O-Rin Isshi. She was also a member of the Death Squad who became a head of yakuza. The fight scene Uma had with the yakuza members was quite good it’s just that the blood effects were a bit obvious to be computerized.

The last few scenes showed that Black Mamba had killed O-rin. Then it showed that her daughter was actually alive. Which lead to part 2.

Actually, on my personal opinion, I didn’t enjoy the movie though I think Uma is a good actress but the way the movie was made isn’t good enough.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111908441800131/k2311a0819/8.19.08