Lakota Joint Care Formula  » Medicine  »
0.5
  • I bought Lakota The Original Joint Care Formula for my husband after he had his knee scoped
  • First of all 60 caplets cost $24.99Cdn plus tax, as opposed to a generic bottle of Glucosamine tablets that would have cost $8.99 plus tax
  • Collagen type II etc. etc. I thought all these added natural products would enhance the affects of the base Glucosamine vitamin and help my husbands knee

• by Melissa Glenn
      I’ve bought some dastardly products in the past, but this one takes the biscuit. I bought Lakota The Original Joint Care Formula for my husband after he had his knee scoped. Lakota came highly recommended by my Pharmacist, for relieving joint pain of all types.

My husband has mild arthritis in his knee and often gets fluid build-up so I bought this top of the range supplement. What a mistake.

First of all 60 caplets cost $24. 99Cdn plus tax,

as opposed to a generic bottle of Glucosamine tablets that would have cost $8.

99 plus tax. Lakota however; also states it has added minerals such as White Willow Bark; Devils Claw; Collagen type II etc.

etc. I thought all these added natural products would enhance the affects of the base Glucosamine vitamin and help my husbands knee.

The label says you can take up to nine tablets a day. Given the cost, if my husband took nine tablets a ...

• day, I would have to spend over $60 a week! He tried 2 tablets a day and then built up to 4.

No effect whatsoever after 4 weeks. He then spent a week taking 6 tablets, (we foolishly bought a second bottle)only miniscule improvement after 5 weeks.

And boy were these tablets hard on his stomach!

In desperation, his knee still sore and aching, we bought the generic Glucosamine tablets. Vast improvement in 2 weeks!

I will never buy

a Lakota product again.

Overpriced garbage. Normally I am a big believer in natural products, but my Pharmacist on reviewing the contents of Lakota said the added vitamins like Devils Claw; Yucca Root powder etc, are in such miniscule amounts that they were unlikely to have any effect.

Unless you kept buying this product and taking very high doses like 9 tablets a day. Lakota is a con.

Buy the generic Glucosamine tablets if you have any type of arthritis ache or pain.

Joanna says :

My husband used to take this product and had good results. However, he didn’t like the multiple pills in each dose. However, for awhile it did help a lot.

Rick says :

re : First of all 60 caplets cost $24.99Cdn plus tax, as opposed to a generic bottle of Glucosamine tablets that would have cost $8.99 plus tax
    The price you listed is waaay off.I recently bought this at costco for $ 30.00 after tax and that is for 300 casules.

Martino says :

I had recently suffered a third degree shoulder separation.
    Not bad enough to have an operation but very painful
    I tried a product called Genacol Plus which was a complete waste of money.
    I then tried Lakota Joint care tablets and was amazed how they helped ease the pain. The extra ingredients in their capsules also assist in the healing process as well

Joe Meulemeester says :

I started taking Lakota Joint Care and within a few days I had relief. With regular glucosamine it took a whole month. My job has me walking alot on concrete floors everyday and my joints were literally burning. I only have to take two capsules a day for maintaining my comfort. Sometimes I forget a few days but it dosnt effect mr if I miss. I stopped for a month then thr joint pain came back. It only took a few days to bring relief back. Great product. From Costco…under $ 30 for 300 capsules.

quick note by anonymous :

The topical one gives fast pain relief.

Richard Desrosiers says :

glucosamine does almost nothing to my knees however this NEM product which is made with eggs membrane works 5 times better than glucosamine.

-16
    quick note by anonymous :

Evidently someone who hasn’t given this product a chance. I’ve had severe pain in my joints and Dr. keeps perscribing anti-inflammatory drugs. I heard about Lakota. I take the extra-strength one. Started with 9 pills per day and after about a month when the pain went away I reduced to 4 per day. My Dr. said I would have to quit my job which requires extensive lifting if I was to get better….well 5 yrs. later and I am still going strong

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2630444100330/k2311a043/4.3.06