Sony CyberShot DSC-S500  » Cameras  »
  • As my first digital camera I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-S500
  • Considering picture and video quality, handy look and durability this camera always marks its position as one of the best 6.0 megapixel camera among the competing models

• by Sukhitha

There was a time that the cameras used primary technique to generate images using photo-sensitive chemicals. The photosensitive surface rolled into a small reel. Therefore number of photos can be taken is very limited. It takes days to develop the picture so we have to wait to see whether the picture is there as we expected.

With the development of technology the digital camera is introduced which can view the quality of the picture instantly and the limitations are removed. As my first digital camera I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-S500. Since I used several Sony products

I knew it is a good choice to make.

This is a 6. 0 megapixel camera, therefore it provides excellent quality pictures and video. It has a big display so you can see all the details in the picture or video without aid of an external screen.

But if you send it to a computer screen you can see even further detailed picture or video. The internal memory is about 25mb. So you have to insert a Memory Card to take enough number of high quality pictures.

Unlike some cameras this has a mechanism not to drop frame ...

• rate of the video when the free memory decreases. Therefore the video is always in good frame rate and quality. As the camera turns on the zoom lens comes out automatically.

Because it is necessary to make an optical zoom of 3x when needed. But it makes us feel that this might wear away and camera will be useless, but I used this for one and half years, still it didn’t show any sign of defect. Energy consumption of the camera is rather good.

I used fully charged Sony batteries to take about 250+ pictures and about

half an hour video, still there was about half of the battery left. This camera is durable too. Once I dropped it into the water when I went to see a waterfall.

I removed the battery and kept it in my cupboard for two weeks. Once I tried to turn it on one day, it worked like a new one. The pictures I took also were there.

Sony CyberShot DSC-S500 is one of best digital cameras I’ve ever used. Considering picture and video quality, handy look and durability this camera always marks its position as one of the best 6. 0 megapixel camera among the competing models.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431908439840931/k2311a0819/8.19.08