Airtel GPRS  » Cellular services  »
Kerala State, Kollam district
  • I've been using this network since the day i bought my first cell phone

• by Nevin Joseph Morrison

I am Nevin Jseph Morrison from the small state of Kerala in India. Here there are about six Cellular network providers of which the 1 I am using is Airtel. I’ve been using this network since the day i bought my first cell phone.

I opted for Airtel not because of its anywhere service or huge offers but only because of

its GPRS service. I’ve been using their GPRS service for aabout two years now.

I use it mainly to connect to the internet on my computer. The speeds which i get with this is pretty satisfactory for a GPRS network.

Using my LG C25000 phone,and using Internet Download Manager, I get speeds of upto 6KBps. The neatest thing about this is that airtel ...

• GPRS is a prepaid service.

You just recharge with a 274rupee card and you will get one month of unlimitel net usage. No data rates and no Air time charges here.

Use it whenever wherever. And if u do not want to use GPRS the next month, there is no need of deactivation.

After the validity period has expired, the connection will

automatically be disconnected. Recharge again and you will receive the net usage again.

Some of the towers here also supports EDGE network which means even more faster data transfer speeds. I haven’t got a chance to try it out as my phone does not support EDGE.

Overall I am pretty much satisfied with the way this connection has worked out for me.

[email protected] says :

I want free Airtel GPRS for Kolkata circle SIM

Galega says :

[at]S.sourav007: Hi S. Sourav, Airtel doesn’t provide free GPRS service in Kolkata. In fact, it is not providing free GPRS anywhere in India. The company is feeling financial crunch and it needs to enhance Average revenue per users. There is no point of offering high margin data services like GPRS and EDGE free of cost.

Though you can avail the cheapest data services trough GPRS. Get recharged with Rs. 98 and use 2 GB of data up to one month. That is good enough for a mobile user.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221908439700931/k2311a0819/8.19.08