The Dark Crystal Movie  » Movies  »
  • I don't think it's much to worry about, but if Cruella DeVil or Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty) frightens your child, be forewarned

• by pangeacat

I grew up with “The Dark Crystal”. It was one of my favorite movies then, and it’s one of my favorite movies now.

Jim Hensen brought something unique to the world, with his creativity, imagination, and abundance of talent. He left his mark, and thankfully didn’t fail to

deliver a number of wonderful memories before he departed this life.

This movie is one of those wonderful memories, preserved for all time, and out on DVD now. I got it for my kids last Christmas. Okay, okay, so I really got it for me. But, hey, they enjoy it too!

The DVD comes with a nice special feature, that walks you through the making of the film. You’ll be able to learn how they accomplished so much with their muppets.

Fizgig is one of my favorite characters. He’s a furry little alien looking pet.

• The Dark Crystal Movie
      And, he is just wonderful.

The movie speaks of a prophecy that a “gelfling” will heal the dark Crystal, and bring an end to the reign of the evil “skesis”. It’s a fantasy, with some adventure, some comedy, and a bit of mild drama in there.

My kids

love it, but there are a couple creatures/situations which may be too much for younger children, particularly if they’re sensitive. I don’t think it’s much to worry about, but if Cruella DeVil or Maleficent (from Sleeping Beauty) frightens your child, be forewarned.

They don’t make them like this anymore!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111808439501131/k2311a0818/8.18.08