The Wind Harp by B.J. Hoff  » Books  »
  • Jonathan worries about his age and that fact that he has always had a heart problem
  • I really enjoyed how the author uses God's promises to remind the reader how every situation has a way of being resolved through prayer and through God

• by Janet

The Wind Harp by B. J. Hoff is part of the Mountain Song Legacy.

It’s part 2 of a 3 part series.

I found this book by accident. It was one of those days where I didn’t have much time to look for a book so I just went up to the library shelf and picked one. Boy, was I lucky!

This was a fun book to read. I’m sorry I missed part 1. Part 2 continues to tell

us the story of Maggie McCauley and Jonathan Stuart. The setting is 1904. Maggie has grown up and has returned home. She says that she returned home to help her mom and dad but actually - she is drawn to her home. She had been living in the big city.

Jonathan used to be Maggie’s teacher when she was younger. Now he has hired her to teach at their hometown school. Soon, both of them realize ...

• they have a mutual attraction to each other. Out of respect, they keep their distance.

Both of them have struggles to deal with. Jonathan worries about his age and that fact that he has always had a heart problem. His health was restored through his faith in God. Maggie worries about her da’s ill health, the stress that her mother is under and now the return of her older sister. She tries to help her

older sister deal with the struggles of wife abuse, leaving her husband and a new pregnancy.

We learn a little about how child neglect and abuse was handled in 1904. There is a side story about the Lazlo kids. Don’t worry, it has a happy ending.

I really enjoyed how the author uses God’s promises to remind the reader how every situation has a way of being resolved through prayer and through God.

I recommend this book. Great read for the summer.

Enjoy, Miss Janet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171808439491131/k2311a0818/8.18.08