Erin Brokovich Movie  » Movies  »
  • The fact that the story is based on someone's real life experiences makes it all the more interesting and thought-provoking, in my opinion
  • I couldn't recommend this film any more highly if I tried

• by pangeacat

Starring Julia Roberts (as Erin Brokovich) and Albert Finney, this movie is based on the true story of Erin Brokovich-Ellis (who makes a special appearance in the film ~ watch for her, as a waitress named, ironically, Julia). Aaron Eckhart is also in the film.

I loved this movie. It has a little bit of everything. There’s drama, comedy, romance (to a degree, though not sappy)…

There’s a little something for everyone. It’s no wonder the film garnered such acclaim.

The fact that the story is based on someone’s real life experiences makes it all the more interesting and thought-provoking, in my opinion. Though considered uneducated, it’s obvious that Ms. Brokovich was/is a highly intelligent woman whose appearance doesn’t fit the stereotype for having such intelligence.

My favorite quote from the movie is an ...

• exchange between Erin and her biker neighbor, George.

“George: How many numbers you got?

Erin Brockovich: Oh, I got numbers comin’ outta my ears. For instance: ten.

George: Ten?

Erin Brockovich: Yeah. That’s how many months old my baby girl is.

George: You got a little girl?

Erin Brockovich: Yeah. Yeah, sexy, huh? How ’bout this for a number? Six. That’s how old my other daughter is, eight is

the age of my son, two is how many times I’ve been married - and divorced; sixteen is the number of dollars I have in my bank account. 850-3943. That’s my phone number, and with all the numbers I gave you, I’m guessing zero is the number of times you’re gonna call it.”

It cracks me up every time I hear it.

I couldn’t recommend this film any more highly if I tried. It’s simply wonderful.

Erin Brokovich Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111808439431131/k2311a0818/8.18.08