Craftsman 1/2 drills: The 315.101150  » Housewares  »
  • I decided I might need to invest in a more serious drill
  • I found the drill to be pretty average with nothing special except for the auxiliary handle
  • It also has a power on light, which I found to be a convenient way to check if it was live and a lock out button that is nice if children are around
  • So far I have used it twice with no problems and would recommend it to someone looking for this type of tool

• by Dan W.

Building a workbench one weekend I realized my cordless drill might not be up to the task, especially since one battery was already dead and would not charge. I decided I might need to invest in a more serious drill. So I went off to Sears and bought the 315.101150 ½ inch electric

corded drill.

I found the drill to be pretty average with nothing special except for the auxiliary handle. The handle could be rotated and used as a grip if needed. I didn’t really use it because my other hand was busy holding the wood. I guess it would be useful if you were ...

• plunging through concrete or steel. Typical too was the noise coming from the motor, which I found to be a little annoying but hey this is power tool so I can’t expect it to be too quiet. The chuck is keyless and pretty easy to use (thank god for this!).
        It also has a power on light, which I found to be a convenient way to check if it was live and a lock out button that is nice if children are around.

So far I have used it twice with no problems and would recommend it to someone looking for this type of tool.

Catla says :

If you want to overpay for a drill that will only last a year, buy one from Sears. I regret not saving money by purchasing at Wal-Mart or buying quality at a hardware store. The drill’s trigger on/off switch malfunctioned. The trigger will not come off of “locked on always” position. Customer Service has offered to order the part at my expense for me to install at my expense. Shockingly, the cost of a new trigger switch is $ 30. The cost of a new drill, same model, $ 60.

Joanna says :

Hi Catla,

I am not sure why you had to pay for a new drill. This is especially true since many craftsman tools come with a lifetime warranty. I am sorry that you had to go through that though.

The next time that you purchase a drill, I would suggest going to Lowes. My husband has purchased several drills from there and there was one that malfunctioned. They replaced the drill at no cost to us that same trip with a newer version of the drill.

I am so sorry that you had so much trouble. I hope your new one works for years to come.

Sincerely,

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531808439071031/k2311a0818/8.18.08