Sacred Gold
  • There are hundreds of different monsters, bosses, and just plain creepy things that you have to fight, although Sacred Underworld does re-use some of the monsters from the first game, which I found to be a little disappointing

• by BengiLisa

Sacred is by far one of the better RPG games I have played in all my years of RPG play. From its high quality graphics to unique story, it is different from other RPG games on the market. Sacred Gold includes the original Sacred game and the Underworld expansion. I’ll break down the game in terms of the good and bad.

The Good: The game is very long and I never once got bored of the story they created. The maximum level is far over 150, and it isn’t as grueling a process to

level as some games often make it. There are eight different characters to play, but my favorite character is the Daemon because she can fly and has some awesome combat arcs, or powers, that you can level. There are hundreds of different monsters, bosses, and just plain creepy things that you have to fight, although Sacred Underworld does re-use some of the monsters from the first game, which I found to be a little disappointing. Luckily for me, if you die, instead of loosing your character and all its items, you just go ...

• back to the nearest town. The graphics and general game play are good, even if you don’t have the fastest computer around.

The Bad: When installed, the game takes up a minimum of 3.4 GB of your hard drive space, which I found to be insanely high. There are a few glitches in the game, but Encore provided patches for most of them within a year of the game’s release. Every once in awhile when I’m playing the game, it randomly quits the program and that can be very frustrating, especially when I didn’t

save beforehand… so you have to save every 3-4 minutes just to be on the safe side. Another feature of the game is that you can play this online in a PvP style. Personally, I find this to be a waist of time. If your character dies in online play, you loose the character and have to start over from scratch.

I give this game good marks for story, plot, general game play, and characters, but I have to lower its rating because of glitches, occasional game crashes, and the bad format of internet PvP gaming.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281508436591131/k2311a0815/8.15.08