The Passion of the Christ  » Movies  »
  • The Passion of the Christ is one of the best films I've seen, although I watched it only once because seeing Jesus being tortured is so tormenting

• by Malou

The Passion of the Christ made me cry buckets of tears. I’m a devout Catholic but only after seeing this movie did I truly come to realize God’s love for us (He gave his only son to save us from our sins). Directed by Mel Gibson, this controversial and intense film is all about the last twelve hours of Jesus Christ’s life.

It starts in the Garden of Olives, after the Last

Supper, where Jesus is praying so hard and resisting Satan’s temptations. He is then betrayed by Judas Iscariot, one of his apostles, and is arrested and taken to Jerusalem.

Confronted with accusations of blasphemy, Jesus is condemned to die. He is taken to Pontius Pilate (governor of Palestine) who makes the decision of letting King Herod decide Jesus’ fate.

But King Herod returns Jesus to Pilate, who in turn lets the people ...

• make a choice on whose gonna die between Jesus and Barabbas. The Roman soldiers torture Jesus by flagellating him.

After the torture, he is made to carry a cross from Jerusalem to Golgotha. There, Jesus is nailed to the cross and dies.

He eventually resurrects and saves all of humanity from their sins. The scenes of Jesus being tortured was so horrifying.

I closed my eyes because I just couldn’t take it.

This artistic movie is so powerful because it’s so emotionally moving.

Mel Gibson succeeded in showing Christ’s humanity in his time of suffering. James Caviezel as Jesus Christ was very convincing.

The Passion of the Christ is one of the best films I’ve seen, although I watched it only once because seeing Jesus being tortured is so tormenting. Violence aside, this is one movie everyone should see, no matter what your religion is.

Leslie Ann Hunter says :

In the movie who said “In there Stop them They’ve arrested him In the secret In the night To hide their crime from you Stop them “

Leslie Ann Hunter says :

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111508436541131/k2311a0815/8.15.08