Arm & Hammer Pet Fresh Odor Eliminator  » Pets  »
  • I saw the orange box with the arm and hammer logo on the front and I thought I'd give it a try
  • I highly recommend this product to anyone with pets
  • I'm very impressed and I can assure you, you won't be sorry if you spend the $3 it costs to buy this product

• by Willow Sidhe

When I first purchased this product, I was a little skeptical that something like this would actually work or make any kind of difference in my home. We just brought home a new puppy and she has had several accidents on my nice clean carpet.

I went to the store looking for something to help cut out the odor. I used club soda to clean up any stains but the odor was still there. I saw the orange box with the arm and hammer logo on the front and I thought I’d give it a try.

My first impression upon opening the box was that it had a very nice smell. It wasn’t overpowering as some carpet powders can be. So I sprinkled it all around my carpet and my nose still

wasn’t offended. I was already amazed. I have tried products like this before and usually my eyes are watering before I can even break out the vacuum.

On the box, it advertises “easy pet hair pickup” which is another thing I was skeptical about. How could this powder make pet hair easier to pick up? In addition to the new puppy, we also have a wire haired Jack Russell Terrier and she sheds an enormous amount of hair.

The next thing that struck me was how easily the powder picked up while I was vacuuming. My last foray into the world of carpet powders left ugly white smudges all over the carpet but the Arm and Hammer Pet Fresh Odor Eliminator did not. It picked up very nicely and it also really helped ...

• pick up the pet hair. I looked in my vacuum bag after vacuuming my living room and I couldn’t believe the amount of dog hair it picked up. It was much more than usual. I was no longer a skeptic.

The Pet Fresh Odor Eliminator left my carpets smelling better than they did when I first moved in. It’s a light, fresh scent that really smells clean. After using it in the living room, I proceeded to use it in all the carpeted rooms in my home. Now, I have a house inhabited by two dogs that smells really clean.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with pets. It not only eliminates odors from those little accidents but all the odors our pets can produce. It also really does make

pet hair pick up easier.

And, this might be just me but it seems the puppy is less inclined to use the bathroom on the carpet since I used it. Now, she goes mostly on the tiled floor in the kitchen if she doesn’t make it outside. I don’t know if it’s the Pet Fresh that caused this change or not, but it certainly is a coincidence.

I give this product a rating of 10 out of 10. I’m very impressed and I can assure you, you won’t be sorry if you spend the $3 it costs to buy this product. I picked mine up at my local dollar store but they also have it at Wal-Mart and other department stores of this type. Go out and get some if you have pets!

Ann Wood says :

Can I leave on some of the floor to keep my dog away from some areas?

John says :

Ann, this product acts as an odor eliminator. It does not act as a deterrent to keep pets away.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291508436371131/k2311a0815/8.15.08