Black & Decker Countertop Convection Oven  » Housewares  »
  • Unfortunately, after more than 15 years of faithful service, I was forced to buy a new one
  • I love that it has a slide out crumb tray (it is really easy to clean) and that the cabinet is stainless (also very easy to clean)
  • I don't like that the front glass door will drop to the counter with a thud if you don't lower it carefully--it seems like the design could counter that little flaw

• by LBW

My last B&D toaster oven was a gem! It was small, simple and made perfect toast at the flip of a switch. Unfortunately, after more than 15 years of faithful service, I was forced to buy a new one.

After lots of online research, I finally settled on the Black & Decker Countertop Convection Oven (about $80).

I wanted something a little more versatile that would let us cook rolled tacos, muffins, chicken breasts and an occasional steak.

This gadget can do all that and a 12 inch

frozen pizza–a definite plus with a teenager in the house! To be honest though, the teenager has an easier time of operating it, at least initially.

The digital controls have presets for temperature (bake, broil, bagels, etc) and there is an extra step to figure out the time before you hit start to begin cooking.

It came with a pizza tray (the first pizza was a soggy disaster in the middle and burnt crispy on the outside) and a broiler tray.

I hated this machine the first week it was ...

• home.

All I wanted was a piece of toast–not a degree in engineering! I am happy to report though that a month later, it has become the center of the kitchen.

It will cook about anything and truthfully, once I got over the trial and error of our favorite food stuffs, it has been a dream to use.

We can even bake cookies in it without firing up the traditional oven! I love that it has a slide out crumb tray (it is really easy to clean) and that the

cabinet is stainless (also very easy to clean).

It is not too big for the counter and although it gets pretty hot, it is built with safeguards to keep most of us from getting it too close to walls and such.

I don’t like that the front glass door will drop to the counter with a thud if you don’t lower it carefully–it seems like the design could counter that little flaw.

All in all though, if you don’t mind learning a few new things, this is a nice machine for the money!

Arlene says :

One large problem, when in use oven must be pulled out to edge of counter because underside of cupboard above oven get`s very hot .Is there something I can buy to protect underside of cupboard above oven?Thank you .Arlene

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531508435891031/k2311a0815/8.15.08