Chevrolet Corsica  » Cars  »
1.5
  • I thought it was a decent looking car with low miles so I purchased it

• by ndkid11

My first car I ever got was a 1994 Chevrolet Corsica with 94,000 on it. I thought it was a decent looking car with low miles so I purchased it. It turned out to be the biggest waste of money I had ever spent.

A common thing in Corsicas are the wiring problems. Occasionally, on the dashboard, my right turn signal will come on but nothing is wrong with any of my blinkers.

My ABS light comes on about 10 seconds after

the car is started but the brakes work perfectly. At one point, smoke started coming out from the top of my steering column, right where the hazard switch is located.

That turned out to be a wiring short. It’s not just my Corsica though, it’s quite a few of them.

The 3. 1L V6 engine is nice, but sucks gas like no other.

I was getting 18 MPG with a new air filter, an oil change, and a fuel system cleaner. The serpentine ...

• belt breaks easily, but is a huge project to get on.

The Corsica I have came with automatic windows, but with the terrible interior design Corsica’s carry, there is no window switch on the actual door, it is on the center counsel. The cup holders are right on the passenger side, so if there is a tall passenger inside my car in the passenger seat, I can’t have it open because their knees will keep hitting it.

But, the worst part of

the inside design are the front seat belts. They come on the door, so if even a little bit of the seat belt is pulled out and you try to shut the door, clank, that’s the sound of the door not closing and it’s just a pain to have to re-open the door and fix the seat belt and then re-close the door again.

If your planning on buying a used car, please do yourself a favor and stay away from a Chevy Corsica.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91408435621231/k2311a0814/8.14.08