08 Honda Odessey  » Cars  »
  • I swore up and down to family and friends in 1999 when I bought my first SUV, a Toyota 4runner, that I wouldn't drive anything other than a SUV because- I'm short, 5'2 and I LOVED driving a bigger, higher car
  • That is an amazing safety feature that I love

• by Momof2angels

I swore up and down to family and friends in 1999 when I bought my first SUV, a Toyota 4runner, that I wouldn’t drive anything other than a SUV because- I’m short, 5′2 and I LOVED driving a bigger, higher car. My co workers and family would say, “Oh, wait until you have kids. You will be the typical soccer, minivan driving Mom”. No Way, under no condition would I be caught dead in a minivan!

Five years ago we purchased our first minivan. A town and country, limited by Chrysler.

My pride was hurt buying a minivan; however, not as hurt as my back from lugging my baby into my 4runner. Yah, the tall, cool SUV, wasn’t so cool because my back was killing and my knee’s hit the running board everytime

I buckled my baby in! The town and country is VERY comfortable. We were able to purchase the limited with the bigger engine and very plush leather seats. The trunk lifted and closed with either a button or the car key pad.

Very nice features - a few that I really miss. Last week, we had to trade her in for another, Yes, another, Minivan. We weren’t crazy about the new outside look of the Town and Country. Very box type car.

However, the way cool, Honda, as the commercial for Honda states, “Odessey, from the mini van God’s”, is very sleek looking for the minivans. It’s black with tan leather and many neat places for storgage, toys, cups, drinks. Very sporty looking with a little table that folds up or down in ...

• the front between the driver side and the passenger side. Part stainless steel looking dashboard with XM radio.

I didn’t even know what XM radio was until last week. 3 months free service with a new Honda purchase from Roush honda in Westerville, Ohio; however, we will be buying the service for $9 a month when it expires. They have everything from oldies, 80’s, kids, talk shows, etc. I just love it.

My kids can listen to the DVD on their ear phones and watch movies or play games while I listen to non stop music. Overall, the Honda is truly a sporty, great mini van with excellent gas mileage, i. e. smaller engines allowing for 27 miles per gallon.

However, the seats are not nearly as comfortable as the Chrysler town and County

limited was. That is very disappointing. And the 3. 5 litter engine verses 4.

0 litter in the town and country really makes a difference, one of which I would have cared less about until you’ve switched. The honda we purchased does have a back up camera that automatically pops up when it’s in reverse. That is an amazing safety feature that I love. The trunk doesn’t fold up and down either like the town and country, only in the touring model from Honda which is top of the line and 7k more.

Finally, the side mirrors seem to be very small? I can’t seem to get a comfortable viewing position. I head check anyways! Overall, the Odessey is a great minivan- I swear I would never buy one for our family and now I highly reccomend them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 91408435541231/k2311a0814/8.14.08