The Exorcism of Emily Rose  » Movies  »
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose is definitely the scariest movie I've ever seen in my life and that's saying alot because I don't get easily scared by horror movies
  • I know in my mind that horror movies that feature monsters like Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street and Jason of Friday the 13th are just make believe but the evil in this movie is very much true
  • I believe in God but I know that the devil also exists
  • I think this movie is very effective in scaring people

• by Malou

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is definitely the scariest movie I’ve ever seen in my life and that’s saying alot because I don’t get easily scared by horror movies. I know in my mind that horror movies that feature monsters like Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street and Jason of Friday the 13th are just make believe but the evil in this movie is very much true.

I believe in God but I know that the

devil also exists.

The Bible says so.

I actually rented a DVD of this movie and watched it at home on a lazy afternoon believing that I won’t get scared because it’s not dark and there were so many of us watching.

Based on a true story, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is about a Catholic priest (Tom Wilkinson) who is tried in court for homicidal negligence after doing a failed exorcism on Emily Rose (Jennifer Carpenter),

• a college girl who eventually dies because of malnutrition and wounds all over the body.

The priest’s lawyer, Erin Bruner (Laura Linney), argues that Emily Rose was indeed a victim of demonic possession, while the prosecution says that Emily was most likely suffering from psychotic epilepsy and could have lived if only she was hospitalized and given the proper medications.

The priest narrates the whole story in a series of flashbacks.

I think this movie is very

effective in scaring people.

I was really scared and did not sleep soundly for a couple of days.

It doesn’t have gore like other horror movies but you feel a dark sense of foreboding as the film progresses and the scenes of possession are really frightening and chilling.

Jennifer Carpenter as Emily Rose was very impressive (you’ll really pity her).

Laura Linney also gave a first-rate performance.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is truly one compelling horror movie.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111308435160331/k2311a0813/8.13.08