Avon Skin so soft Satin Glow Firming Body Moisturiser, for medium skin tones  » Cosmetics  »
  • I was sitting next really close to one really cute man who was flirting with me and I felt really uncomfortable when he'd come closer to me because I know that he could feel my skin smelling as if it was burnt (because before I had left the house I had applied Avon Skin so soft Satin Glow Firming Body Moisturiser, for medium skin tones to my skin) so I was kind a moving away from him all the time
  • He noticed that and got that as a rejection signal so he gave up
  • I tried to avoid that on every possible way, now I don't keep the tube upside down any more although it has a flat cap perfect for keeping it upside down
  • The moisturiser has rather nice fragrance, jasmine I think
  • I can't say that I am disappointed with the effect of this moisturiser on my skin but I can't say that I am impressed either

• by lorelai

I am not very fond of self tanning creams, first of all because they don’t make you tan equally and secondly because although in the beginning they don’t have unpleasant smell, usually the skin smells as if it was burnt after some time. That isn’t very pleasant. I was sitting next really close to one really cute man who was flirting with me and I felt really uncomfortable when he’d come closer to me because I know that he could feel my skin smelling as if it was burnt (because before I had left the house I had applied Avon Skin so soft Satin Glow Firming Body Moisturiser, for medium skin tones to my skin) so I was kind a moving away from him all the time. He noticed that and got that as a rejection signal so he gave up. I really think that it is very important the way you feel and the way you think about yourself.

Small things like skin fragrance can really build or destroy our self confidence so it is very important to know when you can apply certain stuff and when not. I mean, you can’t really know what is going to happen to you during all day but still we can prevent most of the unpleasant situations. That day I didn’t know that I would have to sit next to a very handsome man, actually I didn’t know that I was going to sit

next to anyone because I just took my computer at the AT and I wasn’t even imagine that he will want to explain me stuff. Usually I am very fond of Avon products and I spend at least $100 on them per year.

I know that $100 is not much for the cosmetics but I don’t buy only Avon products, my sister is Bottega Verde member and there they also have great stuff but they have much better discounts so we usually buy more stuff from Bottega Verde than from Avon. I don’t blame Avon for the stink of my skin, I blame myself. Anyway, Avon Skin so soft Satin Glow Firming Body Moisturiser, for medium skin tones comes in a really huge tube, I don’t remember that I have ever seen such a huge tube in my life, it is of a very unusual pink-beige colour with silver letters on it. It holds 250ml of moisturiser.

The moisturiser itself is very creamy but also rather liquid and has a gentle and soft structure. It is somewhat greasy but very easy to apply on your skin and spread around it. It is more like a milk than a cream. You don’t need a large quantity of it to spread it all over your body because it is easy spreadable.

It has one very big flaw, it is very liquid and in the same time the hole which it comes out from is ...

• rather big so if you turn it upside down the probability is huge that it is going to come out much more of it than you actually need. I tried to avoid that on every possible way, now I don’t keep the tube upside down any more although it has a flat cap perfect for keeping it upside down. But that facilitates the going out of the product in the tube and this product really doesn’t need any help to get out from the tube because you don’t even have to press the tube just open the cap and turn it upside down and it will run out. The moisturiser has rather nice fragrance, jasmine I think.

I really like jasmine because it is soft and very light. The effect of Avon Skin so soft Satin Glow Firming Body Moisturiser, for medium skin tones isn’t as good as I was expecting it to be. It makes the skin feel good when you first apply it because the skin is moisturised and greasy and it needs a lot of time to get absorbed by the skin. But when it finally gets absorbed it makes the skin very soft and silky.

But all that disappears when the self tanning part of the cream starts taking effect. The skin gets dry and rough and in the same time it starts stinking. Unfortunately for the skin the self tanning effect is not all that strong and

even if you apply it every day for a week you won’t see a big difference. But fortunately for the clothes, the tanning effect is not very strong so if you put your clothes on before the skin absorbed the moisturiser perfectly you’ll see that it won’t make your clothes become yellow on the parts where it was touching your skin.

Now I really pay attention when I apply this product. First of all during hot days it makes me sweat incredibly because my town is near the beach and in the summer humidity is unbearable and we all sweat and we sweat even more if we apply something to our skin. Now I usually apply Avon Skin so soft Satin Glow Firming Body Moisturiser, for medium skin tones only when I take a shower before I go to sleep because the burning smell disappears after a few hours so it is gone when I wake up. I can’t say that I am disappointed with the effect of this moisturiser on my skin but I can’t say that I am impressed either.

It is a normal body moisturiser which adds some tan to your skin but you can’t get the tan just by using this product, it will help you only in preventing the tan to disappear too soon. This product is not very expensive, it costs $10 but there’s 250ml of it in the tube and it really lasts for a long time because you need a very small quantity of it.

Andrea says :

Hi,Ive started useing the avon skin so soft satin firming body moisturiser, for medium skin tones but my skin colour has gone almost orange, a very tangy colour and its imbarrasing. Is there anything i can do to lighten the colour or to remove it? please help as this doesn`t look natural at all.

junmae says :

You can use the Avon Skin So Soft Whitening lotion because it really helps brighten the skin and makes your skin soft as well. Some moisturizer and really sensitive when exposing the skin to sunlight and it maybe happens to you.

simone kelly says :

Try some lemon and almond oil before bed. Apply the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon to your bath water and before going to bed moisturize with a little almond oil.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311208435110631/k2311a0812/8.12.08