Vetiver (1961) by Guerlain  » Perfume  »
  • The thing is that I think he doesn't actually like the way it smells because it smells too much like dry leaves and my father is not that type of guy
  • In my opinion it smells like lavender and I really don't like that smell, specially not in the perfume
  • I don't know if that was popular then or just my grandmother's friends liked it but I know I hated it
  • I thought that it was some cheap perfume when I first saw it and smelled it but than one day I saw it at the drug store where it cost 50 Euro for a 75ml bottle
  • I would recommend this perfume to man who like to emanate nice fragrances during all the day and don't care if the fragrance is very light and not intensive at all but if you want to get noticed don't wear this perfume because it is certainly not something that someone would notice

• by lorelai

My father got this Eau de toilette for his birthday from his cousin. He doesn’t use it very often because my father is of those man who just put aftershave after shaving and that’s it. He doesn’t even remember to put this perfume so sometimes when he and my mum go somewhere I remind him to put it and he does. The thing is that I think he doesn’t actually like the way it smells because it smells too much like dry leaves and my father is not that type of guy. he prefers much more masculine smells, he usually uses Axe deodorants.

In my opinion it smells like lavender and I really don’t like that smell, specially not in the perfume. I remember when I was little all friends of my grandmother would buy her lavender deodorants or even perfumes. I don’t know if that was popular then

or just my grandmother’s friends liked it but I know I hated it. The only thing I would use that perfume for was to spry the wardrobe in order too keep the the moths away from the clothes.

So when my Dad got this perfume it immediately reminded me of those ones that my grandma used to get. I thought that it was some cheap perfume when I first saw it and smelled it but than one day I saw it at the drug store where it cost 50 Euro for a 75ml bottle. I was really surprised. This perfume don’t have very strong smell and very soon it starts too fade away.

But then when it become just a very light fragrance on your skin, barely noticeable, it remains like that for hours. Even after several hours, if you smell the area you sprayed this perfume on you will still feel the fragrance even if very light. There’s nothing worst than a soap smell after a perfume smell. The smell is not viral at all, I mean it is not sexy, it is a perfume that every man can wear when he goes to the work every day.

The perfume is not special at all and it is more of a day perfume than a night one because it is too light to be night perfume, the smell is refreshing and clean. You can also buy other products from Vetivere collection; Guerlain Vetiver After Shave Lotion 125ml Guerlain Vetiver All Over Shampoo 200ml Guerlain Vetiver Deodorant Spray 150ml Guerlain Vetiver Deodorant Stick 75ml Guerlain Vetiver Eau de Toilette Spray 125ml Guerlain Vetiver EdT Gold Bee Bottle W/Space For Engraving 500ml Guerlain Vetiver EdT Gold Bee Bottle W/Space For Engraving 1000ml Guerlain Vetiver EdT White Bee Bottle ...

• Vetiver (1961) by Guerlain
      500ml Guerlain Vetiver Soothing After-Shave Gel 75ml I don’t really like when a deodorant spray or stick have the same fragrance as the eau de toilette because I think that eau de toilette would have to have much more intensive and stronger fragrance. This perfume comes in a squared bottle of glass with horizontal lines on it. The lines are made of glass too.

The cap is round and has black tape around it with Vetiver written on it. The product itself is of a pale green colour while the bottle is of transparent glass. Here what the creator says that it smells like: * Top Notes Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Coriander . * Middle Notes * Vetiver, Cedar .

*Base Notes * Tobacco, Nutmeg, Pepper, Tonka bean, Capiscum. There’s no lavender at all but still the

only fragrance I can feel is the lavender one, and maybe some tobacco too. It is certainly not the perfume I would ever buy to my Dad nor to any man that I know because it is too characterless and there’s nothing specific about it. It is not cheap but I must admit that I know a lot of perfumes for man that smell much nicer and cost much less.

I really wonder what made my father’s cousin buy this perfume considering the fact that she could have gotten other with much nicer fragrance for the same money or even less. My mother says that this perfume smells sophisticated but I wouldn’t agree. I would recommend this perfume to man who like to emanate nice fragrances during all the day and don’t care if the fragrance is very light and not intensive at all but if you want to get noticed don’t wear this perfume because it is certainly not something that someone would notice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 561208434820531/k2311a0812/8.12.08