Kroger Brand frozen shoestring French fries  » Food  »
  • On occasion I like to make burgers or hot dogs and I enjoy having fries with them
  • I bought the shoestring variety to go with some burgers and was really pleased
  • But I have found that baking them in the oven is truly one of the best ways to prepare them
  • One thing I have noticed is that the shoestring potatoes have a tendency to burn quickly on the ends if you don't watch them closely while they're cooking
  • You will definitely need a paper towel so that you can drain some of the oil out

• by Famous

On occasion I like to make burgers or hot dogs and I enjoy having fries with them. I am not very good at making French fries from scratch. So, I buy frozen fries and bake them in the oven.

Kroger has a pretty good assortment of frozen potatoes to choose from. I bought the shoestring variety to go with some burgers and was really pleased.

There are a few ways that you can make the fries. But

I have found that baking them in the oven is truly one of the best ways to prepare them.

This is because you use no additional oil, so you’re saving yourself from all the fat and extra calories. It’s best if you cook these fries at about 400 degrees so that they cook quickly, and so that the oil has a chance to drain while in the oven.

One thing I have noticed is that the shoestring potatoes have a tendency to ...

• burn quickly on the ends if you don’t watch them closely while they’re cooking. They should stay in the oven no longer than 8-10 minutes, or they will be too hard and crunchy to eat (unless you happen to like them that way.

) In any case, these fries are absolutely great for a quick meal. The taste is much better than I expected.

Usually these types of foods have an artificial flavor that I really don’t like. But whatever oil

was used in preparing them (before being frozen) has helped the fries retain their flavor.

Another surprising thing was the amount of grease that comes of the fries after they are finished cooking. You will definitely need a paper towel so that you can drain some of the oil out.

For this reason, and this reason alone, I don’t fry them in additional oil. Anyway, these fries are pretty cheap - less than $2 per bag.

And they last a long time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271208434310431/k2311a0812/8.12.08