Barley’s Sports Bar Atlanta GA
Peachtree St., Atlanta GA

• by Famous

I had to visit this bar while sizing it up to do a show, and I was very impressed with the space. Situated on Peachtree Street in the middle of bustling midtown Atlanta, this place is so unassuming that I realized I’d passed it many times while driving around the city. In any event, when you walk in, you are faced with a room that doesn’t look very large at all. There are your typical television screens placed about.

They all have either music videos or sporting events running

at all times. The bar is full of top-notch liquors and there is plenty of room in the front area for “fine” dining. But what’s really neat is the room in the back with all the pool tables.

Along the sides of the wall are high tables for people to have drinks or order food. I was really surprised that all of that space existed back there. But that’s not all.

There is an upper area with yet another bar and dining area.

• And past that, is another room with more pool tables. Apparently, this is a place where real pool sharks can really polish their skills.

I’m not much of a pool player. But I like that there is so much room. In the dining area is a little area where the DJ or live musicians can set up for shows.

It’s really a nice place to perform with a very casual vibe. I didn’t actually get a chance to sample their menu. But in reading

the menu online, I can see that the place provides a wide variety of finger foods, sampler plates, and even real courses.

I ordered a Long Island Iced tea which cost a bit more than I was willing to pay for such a simple cocktail. But I have noticed that the drinks cost more in establishments where the clientele is primary African American. I don’t know why that is.

In any case, I would definitely go back for a drink and a meal. It’s a nice spot.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71208434280431/k2311a0812/8.12.08