The Grape restaurant Atlanta GA  » Restaurants  »
Highland Ave., Atlanta, GA
  • But for those who are die-hard wine connoisseurs, I think that this place might be a let down

• by Famous

If you like wine, you will love The Grape. If you LOVE wine, you will like The Grape. The Grape is a wine and tapas bar located in the quaint and trendy section of Atlanta on Highland Ave.

Here there are live performances and wine tastings. But for some reason I

get the impression that this place is good for people who are simply looking to explore different types of wines.

But for those who are die-hard wine connoisseurs, I think that this place might be a let down. I don’t know very much about wines.

But I have the feeling that the selection might be a bit subpar for these types of people. I think about the movie “Sideways” (starring Paul Giamatti) and I realize that there are so many different ways to taste wine—and so many things to look for when tasting them.

I am interested to find out whether the palate and nose can ...

• The Grape restaurant Atlanta GA
      detect the “hints of autumn” that people claim to taste when they sip a new vintage. Anyway, this place is completely cozy and perfect for a first date.

The lighting is intimate and romantic. And the live entertainment is pretty good.

The live band they had there was nice trio of

gentlemen. But I would have preferred to hear sultry acoustic music from a female musician.

I think it would have set the mood better—as some of the band’s music seemed to drown out the atmosphere a bit. Anyway, this is still one of my favorite places, and I’ll probably drop into this watering hole again soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71208434000431/k2311a0812/8.12.08