Kitchen Gadgets Mixing Spade  » Housewares  »
  • I love baking cakes, brownies, muffins, you name it and I like to make ice cream as well
  • I decided I would purchase a blue handled mixing spade
  • But it has already passed my personal requirements in doing it's job and even if it didn't hold up, yes I would have been disappointed but the price was very reasonable so it wouldn't have hurt me that much

• by RJR

I love baking cakes, brownies, muffins, you name it and I like to make ice cream as well. I have had a spatula that has served me for years but recently it finally grew too old and it fell apart. This left me looking for a new spatula and believe it or not, I had a hard time finding one that I feel would replace my old one.

About a month back I went browsing in a mall and decided to check out their in mall grocery store. While there I saw their housewares and kitchen sections and was immediately drawn to it. I am always looking for new gadgets, new designs of baking dishes, pans and glasses for drinks.

While browsing through the kitchenwares sections my eyes fell on what I call a spatula but the

tag to this gadget stated it was a Mixing Spade by the brand name of Kitchen Gadgets. I took one and inspected it but at the same time being a bit cautious about if I should purchase one even though I needed one desperately. I weighed the pros and cons of this kitchen item and decided I would give it a try.

The Kitchen Gadgets Mixing Spade has a large spade area which would mainly be used for a large amount of batter and obviously would not fit into small spaces, such as certain cans or containers (like frosting containers), if you want to scrape out the remainder of the contents which may remain at the bottom or sides of the can or container.

The reason i was hesitant about purchasing one of the Kitchen Gadgets Mixing ...

• Spade was because of it’s handle. It’s handle is made of a very hard but transparent plastic. The plastic was coloured in three different colour; blue, purple and green. I decided I would purchase a blue handled mixing spade.

Because of this plastic handle I wondered how well it would hold up if the beaters of my cake mixers were to hit it. So far so good, because I realized that I should not have to worry about such a trivial matter. I would have to be doing something wrong for the beaters to be constantly banging on the spatula. I mean sometimes the spade may get caught in the beaters during the mixing process but it is only for one rotation and the spade holds up well against those encounters.

Another thing I like about Kitchen

Gadgets Mixing Spade is the spade material, it is a hard but durable plastic and it has one property I love my spatulas to have. It bends and curves to the shape of the bowl when i am scraping excess batter from the side. This was the main reason I had problems finding a spatula that would work for me. Alot of the spades would be made of this hard plastic that was not flexible.

Overall, Kitchen Gadgets Mixing Spade has served me well since I purchased it and I would like to see how it would last me. But it has already passed my personal requirements in doing it’s job and even if it didn’t hold up, yes I would have been disappointed but the price was very reasonable so it wouldn’t have hurt me that much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531208433960431/k2311a0812/8.12.08