Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer
  • I love to bake and when you are baking it is obvious that you will eventually come across recipes where you would need some sort of mixer, whether it be a hand held version or a standing version of a mixer
  • Which was interesting considering she baked a lot less than I do now
  • I have no idea what my mum did with the dough hook but I have lots of experience using the two beaters to make my cakes, brownies, meringues, eggnogs, cookies and lots of other fantastic recipes
  • The beaters are quite easy to install and I have noticed, it might just be my type of skin or not, but their edges feel a little sharp which bothers me slightly but I have my special brushes and tools to deal with these sort of equipment when washing up
  • Overll, I like my Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer and the longevity of it, even after replacing the motor which must have been over seven or eight years now

• by RJR

I love to bake and when you are baking it is obvious that you will eventually come across recipes where you would need some sort of mixer, whether it be a hand held version or a standing version of a mixer.

I am here to talk about the Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer which actually belonged to my mother! Which was interesting considering she baked a lot less than I do now. I guess she found her use for it when the time was necessary, maybe during the holiday season to bake the occasional cake or homemade cookies.

It must have been over 15 years since this Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer has been in our family and it has done it’s fair share of work (with

me alone!) and of course in between with my mother.

The Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer did burn out it’s motor once during this time but it was replaced easily and hasn’t given any trouble since that time. It was recommended that we do not over fill the bowl with ingredients or batter because this is one of the things which cause a motor to burn out quickly.

The Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer comes with two beaters and a dough hook setting as well. I have no idea what my mum did with the dough hook but I have lots of experience using the two beaters to make my cakes, brownies, meringues, eggnogs, cookies and lots of other fantastic recipes.

The Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer has ...

• nine main settings on it; these include stirring, slow mixing, pre-mixing, creaming, cake mixing, blending, beating, whipping and heavy beating in their respective order from slowest to fastest speeds (nine speeds) on this standing mixer and in the middle of it all, the dough hook setting.

I love the fact that it has so many speeds and types of mixing settings available. I mostly use the creaming setting, cake mixing, beating and whipping settings though and my desserts always come out nicely. Especially with the whipping setting if I need to whip air into egg whites or make whipped cream.

sharp which bothers me slightly but I have my special brushes and tools to deal with these sort of equipment when washing up. There is a small rectangular black button to detach the beaters which I find a bit hard to push down on (could be the age of the machine) but it does not shoot the beaters out into your bowl either, it just loosens them so you can remove them at your convenience which I like very much.

Overll, I like my Hamilton Beach Scovill Standing Mixer and the longevity of it, even after replacing the motor which must have been over seven or eight years now! I only wish I knew what happened to the dough hook so I could use it with that respective setting.

Carolyn McF says :

I have a Model K Hamilton Beach Scovill stand mixer and would like to know approx. how old it could be. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

John says :

Carolyn, it’s approximately 60 years old. The model K was first produced during the 1950’s.

Galega says :

There is no way to know the age of your Scovill Stand Mixer. Saying that it is certain years old on the basis of the first Model K was introduced may not be correct. I think you should use the batch number and directly contact the company to know its exact age, if that is really important for you.

arlene says :

PLEASE tell me you have the manual If you do, may I have a copy? I can`t even turn it on

John says :

Arlene, you didn’t state exactly which model Hamilton Beach you have. Refer to this page and click your model number to access the manual for it:

Galega says :

There is nothing special in using this mixer. You are required to just plug it into the power socket and rotate the knob to start it. That’s it.

You should just ensure to not use an extension cord for plugging it. That is a safety instruction provided by the manufacturer. Apart from that, motor base and plug should never be put into water.

Tammy says :

I recently purchased a Hamilton Beach Scovill stand mixer at a thrift store for 3.75. It is green with a black handle on top. There was no bowl with it, but the base where a bowl would sit is black and pivots via a white bowl control knob. There are ten settings, accessed by a silver slide down type control. On the front, there is a simple that looks like a cross, one black and the other gold. Above and below this emblem are parallel black lines. I have two questions. 1 - Can you tell me what year model the mixer is? 2 - I bought it for kneading pizza dough thinking it had a dough hook on the beater however, I can not figure out if the beaters and what I thought was the dough hook come apart. Thank you for your help with these questions and anything else you can share with me about this great find

Galega says :

It is not possible to say something about the age. Hamilton Beach is continuously manufacturing all models, and hence just on the basis of physical dimension no one can say about the exact age of the machine. You had bought it only recently and hence you should have users’ manual. Check it out and you should find some credible information regarding this. Further, the beaters and dough hook can’t come apart. They are fixed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161208433640331/k2311a0812/8.12.08