Hershey’s Almond Joy  » Food  »
2.5
  • Although the taste of the candy bar is nice and the nuts are a nice surprise I was unpleasantly surprised when I found that I could not bring myself to actually swallow all of the sweetened coconut contained in this candy bar
  • It's just not for me and I actually found that I don't like shredded coconut in any of my chocolates and cakes too

• by RJR

I am a definite chocolate lover, no denying that. So you’d think that Almond Joy would be on my lists of chocolates that I can’t resist or that I may even crave but that would be a negative.

Almond Joy is a chocolate bar made by Hershey’s which is sweetened shredded coconut with whole almonds covered in milk chocolate. I first had this candy bar when I was a

bit younger than I am now and it was my first time trying chocolate and shredded coconut together.

Although the taste of the candy bar is nice and the nuts are a nice surprise I was unpleasantly surprised when I found that I could not bring myself to actually swallow all of the sweetened coconut contained in this candy bar. It actually had a small bulk of the sweetened ...

• coconut in my mouth which to me just seemed like husk.

I ended up just eating the chocolate and almonds and just very small bits of the sweetened coconut and threw the rest of the sweetened coconut in the trash.

Now I am not saying it is a bad candy bar because the taste is very nice and they did a great job with this candy bar. It’s

just not for me and I actually found that I don’t like shredded coconut in any of my chocolates and cakes too.

So if you don’t like grated or shredded coconut with your chocolate, don’t go for it but if you like it or never had it and feeling adventurous, then go for it. But I got to give them props for the flavour of it. Nice combination of flavouring for sure.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271208433290331/k2311a0812/8.12.08