V & S Peppermint Oil  » Health  »
  • I decided I wanted a more natural alternative than always using other medicines, etc. I picked up a small 15ml bottle of V & S peppermint oil and got a half glass of water and put a couple of drops in it
  • I like that they have instructions on how to actually use the peppermint oil on the bottle itself, stating Use one or two drops in water, milk or other liquid to relieve stomach gas

• by RJR

I have heard many people talking about Peppermint Oil before and how it is good to relieve the feeling of being bloated or gassy. It also helps to relieve nausea and helps you burp.

I went to the pharmacy and got a bottle of Peppermint Oil one day because I was feeling really ill and I knew it was because I had some gas trapped in my stomach. I decided I wanted a more natural alternative than always using other medicines, etc.

I picked up a small 15ml bottle of V & S peppermint oil and got

a half glass of water and put a couple of drops in it. I shook it about a little and drank it down. Well first of all, peppermint oil doesn’t seem to be oily! I mean yes it looks oily and floats at the top of the water as oil usually does but I had expected some sort of oily residue in my mouth or on the glass, but there was none. Maybe I expected too much from such a small amount of the peppermint oil.

I was also told that it burns your lips, which ...

• it admittedly does but it isn’t any much worse than having a nice traditional peppermint candy at Christmas. Just slightly stronger but the burning goes away in less than five minutes. It may sometimes burn your throat a bit too but that also goes away eventually.

The peppermint oil helps me wonderfully because it does make me burp, but not as much as you would think. It’s usually just one huge release of air and that’s it. It is very nice to help the nauseous feeling and I actually feel pretty hungry about half hour after

I take it.

I like that they have instructions on how to actually use the peppermint oil on the bottle itself, stating “Use one or two drops in water, milk or other liquid to relieve stomach gas.”

All in all, peppermint oil is a nice alternative to using those other medicines you get in the drug store for gas. It has helped me many times and I will keep using it anytime I just feel bloated. But Peppermint Oil is said to have other healing properties as well, so I guess you’ll be doing yourself more than one good!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 341208433110231/k2311a0812/8.12.08