Craver’s Cookies - Haulin’ Oats & Raisins Gourmet Cookies
  • Although I usually don't eat Oats and Raisins cookies I would definitely have these again and I put all the others in the fridge because it was so much better chewy than just soft

• by RJR

I usually don’t buy or eat Oats and Raisins cookies but when my mother came to visit she bought a couple boxes of Craver’s Haulin’ Oats & Raisins Gourmet Cookies with her and left me a box for myself.

Craver’s Haulin’ Oats & Raisins Gourmet Cookies are different from cookies I’ve had before. For one I initially thought it was just normal sized cookies just by having a glance at the box but when i actually decided to read it I saw that the box contained only four

cookies. Nut not just any cookies…it was four huge gourmet oats and raisins cookies. What’s more, they have a chocolate coated bottom!

When I opened the box they came in, there were four individual silver foil packages each holding one gourmet cookie inside. Each cookie is approximately four ounces heavy because the box states it’s one pound of cookies in there!

So I opened the package to one of the cookies and the cookie looked so scrumptious with that chocolate on the bottom. I bit into it and it ...

• was at room temperature so the cookie itself is very soft. I am not the biggest fan of soft cookies but I will eat them. I only ate half and put the other half in the foil in the fridge because of the chocolate for about half hour.

I was still craving a snack so decided I should finish off the cookie and to my surprise the cookie had now become chewy and so good! I mean it was good before. The raisins are nice and plump

and the oats give it that added texture. The milk chocolate at the bottom of the cookie gave it that special touch. But it was just so decadent and chewy now!

Although I usually don’t eat Oats and Raisins cookies I would definitely have these again and I put all the others in the fridge because it was so much better chewy than just soft. I would actually go look for these in the grocery and that’s saying a lot considering it isn’t chocolate chip or chocolate cookies.

Mark says :

Q? OK…are you serious? We couldn`t be thinking of the same cookie. I have a package here and this is easily the most disappointing raisin oatmeal cookie I`ve had. Ever. The description on the box sounded so promising and the picture looked delicious. What was in the foil packet was a travesty. The review mentions plump raisins…well maybe this is really a review of Craver`s quality control because there were NO visible raisins in my cookie. Nor were there any visible oats. Instead there was an over-mixed homogenous and bland-appearing cookie that didn`t resemble the picture on the package at all. And certainly didn`t live up to the BS on the box. These MUST have been a botched batch but just might be representative of what these cookies are as of 3 2010. Want a better oatmeal-raisin cookie? MacDonalds, Grandma`s, Meijers or Kroger bakeries, Subway…just about anything that doesn`t come in a box in the supermarket is better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271208433080231/k2311a0812/8.12.08