Barbie My House  » Baby care  »
2.5
  • My daughter seems to like playing with it, so I'm not totally disappointed in the purchase
  • First, I like all the little accessories it came with

• by Steve

One of the presents my daughter got for her birthday last week was the Barbie My House. While slightly better than I expected the house to be, I have to admit it was almost a complete disappointment; at least in my eyes. My daughter seems to like playing with it, so I’m not totally disappointed in the purchase.

However, the house really isn’t much of

a house. You have the exterior, which is one-story and a bunch of fold out “rooms” that really aren’t much more than a wall with a few items on it.

The bathroom, for example, has a sink and toilet. But, if you add any furniture, to the kitchen, for example, it is really sitting on the floor or table rather than inside the house itself.

And, you have to buy most of the sets that go with it to really have the full effect; something that isn’t going to be cheap. There are a couple of things I do like about the house.

First, I like all the little accessories it came with. I didn’t think my wife would let my daughter play with it because she was too busy ...

• Barbie My House
      obsessing over the little soap for the bathroom sink and the kitchen utensils.

Of course, those aren’t the easiest things to keep track of either when you’re dealing with a 4-year-old. I also like the fact that, when she’s done playing with the house, it folds up into a neat little box.

However, I also found a lot of the accessories that come with the

house don’t exactly fit inside it when it’s folded like that so you are going to want to have a separate place to store those. Overall, it’s an OK doll house for a little girl.

However, I do think it could have been better. Like I said, she likes playing with it so I’m not completely disappointed in it.

However, I do feel like I wasted my money a bit too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541108432051031/k2311a0811/8.11.08