Mystery Science Theater 3000  » Movies  »
2.5
  • The choice of film to review in this one was an interesting one
  • Probably the only thing I like about the movie is it offers some sort of closure when it comes to dealing with the mad scientist that has them trapped on that satellite

• by Steve

When I was in high school, one of my favorite shows on TV was Mystery Science Theater 3000. Yet, when they made a movie based on the series, I didn’t get a chance to watch it; until now.

While as funny as the show itself, the movie, which has the same characters trapped in space and forced to

watch terrible movies as some sort of science experiment, didn’t really offer anything new.

Don’t get me wrong, the format works.

My wife and I were both inspired by the show and constantly badmouth movies and characters while we watch the film; something we picked up from watching this show on Comedy Central.

But, if you’re going to have a full-length movie, you think you would have done something a bit different or a bit bigger; just to make it stand out.

The choice of film to review in this one was an interesting one.

I can’t remember the title of the movie, but it looked a heck of a lot like a million other movies ...

• Mystery Science Theater 3000
      I’ve seen on late night television.

And, it was corny enough where the jokes weren’t that hard to come up with.

So, again, the movie really didn’t offer anything special that the TV series didn’t already do.

with the mad scientist that has them trapped on that satellite.

However, I can’t remember if this movie was made before the series ended or after so I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not.

As it stands, I’m hoping I can find the TV series on DVD; something I think I would be more interested in than watching this movie over again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111108431991031/k2311a0811/8.11.08