Crimson Tide  » Movies  »
  • Even though I know the ending, I can't help but get interested whenever Hackman wants to launch the missiles but Washington wants to wait for a confirmation and as the crew ends up taking sides and fighting it out for control of the ship
  • If you're looking for a good war movie but not one that focuses on battles in the classic sense, Crimson Tide is definitely a film I would recommend

• by Steve

Normally I don’t like war movies. They are OK, but they usually focus on blood and guts and really don’t have a whole lot in terms of actual plot. Either that, or they focus on a real historical event and I find myself having a hard time enjoying the film because I’m too busy thinking about the sacrifice the real people made (yet probably aren’t getting anything from the film).

That’s why the movie Crimson Tide is different. I’ve seen the movie several times already and can’t

get enough.

Gene Hackman and Denzel Washington play two officers on board a naval submarine and they receive orders to lauch missiles in order to prevent an attack on the United States. However, minutes before the ordered launch, they receive a second message that is cut off but might be an order to abort the mission.

The great thing about this movie is you really don’t have any blood shed, but you have intense drama and non-stop suspense. Even though I know the ending, I can’t help ...

• but get interested whenever Hackman wants to launch the missiles but Washington wants to wait for a confirmation and as the crew ends up taking sides and fighting it out for control of the ship.

The great thing about this movie is it really gets you thinking. Who knows how many times things like this have happened or came close to happening.

It really makes me glad they have checks and balances like that in place but also makes me wonder how much human nature would play

in something like that and how fast the chain of command would dissolve. If anything, I’m glad I don’t have to live on a submarine like that.

If you’re looking for a good war movie but not one that focuses on battles in the classic sense, Crimson Tide is definitely a film I would recommend. It is a great drama with plenty of action to keep you on the edge of your seat.

I know I would watch it again if given the opportunity and I’m sure you would want to do the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111108431961031/k2311a0811/8.11.08