Balls of Fury  » Movies  »
2.0
  • Watching this film last night, I found myself being bored almost immediately
  • At least I didn't have to spend anything to be disappointed in what I thought would be a great film

• by Steve

I normally enjoy Christopher Walken movies but the film Balls of Fury was a bit too stupid for my tastes. I’ve always thought table tennis as a competitive sport was a bit too much.

It’s a game that should be played at home and that’s it.

So, when you make a movie that tries to

make the “sport” be more than it really is just so it can make fun of it, you get a weak plot and not much comedy.

Watching this film last night, I found myself being bored almost immediately.

Even though he’s one of the top actors in the movie, Walken really doesn’t get enough of ...

• a role in it.

I would have liked to have seen more of him.

Basically, I started watching the film then I found myself getting up during the movie for popcorn, soda, to do dishes, feed the cat, etc.

In other words, this was no Dodgeball.

In fact, it didn’t even come close to that

Ben Stiller comedy.

I am glad of one thing.

I’m glad I saw this movie on one of our movie channels rather than spending my money renting or buying it.

At least I didn’t have to spend anything to be disappointed in what I thought would be a great film.

I guess Christopher Walken can’t make a good movie every time.

Balls of Fury

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111108431890931/k2311a0811/8.11.08