Bad Santa  » Movies  »
  • It wasn't great but I wasn't overly disappointed by it either
  • While doing so, he befriends a young boy who is a bit of a geek and, in my opinion at least, isn't very intelligent
  • Would I recommend watching this film on Christmas Eve in an effort to get into the Christmas Spirit

• by Steve

I’m not a huge Billy Bob Thornton fan so, when his movie Bad Santa came out, I really avoided watching it. However, it was on one of our movie channels the other day and, since there was nothing better on, I figured I would give it a chance.

It wasn’t great but I wasn’t overly disappointed by it either.

When compared to other

Christmas-themed movies, Bad Santa really doesn’t offer anything unique.

It’s the same story about a non-Christmas believer who finds his faith at the last second on Christmas Eve.

But, there were some funny moments in it so it was still worth watching.

Thornton plays a man who works as a part-time Santa Claus at the local department store because he intends on robbing ...

• the place.

While doing so, he befriends a young boy who is a bit of a geek and, in my opinion at least, isn’t very intelligent.

While the movie has some offensive parts to it; something you can expect from a movie with Thornton starring, the pairing between Thornton and this young kid is classic.

The kid is kind of annoying and the

movie plays off of that rather than trying to pretend it’s cute.

Would I recommend watching this film on Christmas Eve in an effort to get into the Christmas Spirit? No.

But, as far as comedies go, you can do much worse so I would suggest seeing it at least once if you haven’t already; even if you just save it for a rainy day when nothing better is on.

Bad Santa

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111108431840931/k2311a0811/8.11.08