Casino Empire
  • The challenges do make it interesting because you have to achieve a specific goal in a set amount of years (like 400 customers in three years)
  • You're always running somebody else's and I don't think that's as fun
  • It's OK but I think Casino Empire could use a few new additions to be overly exciting

• by Steve

We were doing some cleaning in our house this past weekend and I came across the computer game Casino Empire. Since I hadn’t played it in ages, I figured I would give it a try again. And, after spending a few hours playing it, I have a mixed opinion about the game.

Casino Empire gives you the opportunity to run casinos on the Las Vegas strip. If you play the empire mode, you start out with the small casino run by your cousin Buddy and, as you

complete specific challenges, are given the opportunity to move up to larger casinos.

The game itself is OK. The challenges do make it interesting because you have to achieve a specific goal in a set amount of years (like 400 customers in three years).

And, you have little things thrown in; like competing casinos sending their goons to destroy your machines or faulty wiring sending your customers scurrying. My biggest complaint about the game is the fact you don’t get the opportunity to run your own casino.

...

• You’re always running somebody else’s and I don’t think that’s as fun. I mean, you spend three (simulated) years building your casino into a success only to have to move on to another one and start over.

That gets a bit frustrating at times. I would much rather start out with my own casino and have to build it from scratch; meeting specific challenges to keep it up and running over an extended period of time.

You have the opportunity to play sandbox mode, which is similar

to owning your own casino. However, in that mode, you don’t have all the same challenges you do in the Empire mode.

I understand not having goals that need to be reached in that level. But, it would be nice to still see the goons and other problems.

It’s OK but I think Casino Empire could use a few new additions to be overly exciting. I’ll probably play it for a while longer, but it’s only a matter of time before I get bored with it and start on a different game instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281108431740931/k2311a0811/8.11.08