Philippine Airlines (domestic flights)
  • I choose to take the Philippine Airlines flights to my domestic destinations because they have the newest and most convenient planes
  • Overall, I would still recommend Philippine Airlines if you need to take a plane to any domestic destination

• by plumfrance

My work often brings me to different domestic destinations here in the Philippines. I frequent Bacolod City, Tacloban City, Cebu City and Davao.

I choose to take the Philippine Airlines flights to my domestic destinations because they have the newest and most convenient planes.

By convenience, I mean their seats are comfortable unlike Cebu Pacific that offers the lowest fares but their

seats are quite stiff.

Philippine Airlines has a frequent flyers program named Mabuhay Miles where I am already an Elite member due the numerous Philippine Airlines flights that I have taken.

Their airport in Manila is clean though still a bit small compared to airports in other countries but at least you wouldn’t be ashamed to bring your foreign guests there.

My only negative comment ...

• on Philippine Airlines is on some of their flight attendants.

I encounter flight attendants that cannot say their script properly.

To think that they say it several times a day, almost 7 days a week.

It embarrasses me because some of them become the laughing stock of their in flight guests due to their wrong diction, grammar, lack of confidence or because

they keep on stammering.

I hope Philippine Airlines’ management can do something about it before it affects their image.

Overall, I would still recommend Philippine Airlines if you need to take a plane to any domestic destination.

It’s the most convenient and so far the best airlines for me.

I will keep on riding Philippine Airlines to my domestic and even to my international destinations.

chai says :

I am flying PAL on the 24th, I want to know what I cannot bring or what is prohibited to take along.Can I also have my shitsu dog fly along next time?how?

plumfrance replies :

As far as I know, only 100 ml of any liquid stuff are allowed for your handcarried baggage. The rest can be included in your check-in baggage. I think pets may be checked-in but I`m not really sure about that. You may call PAL`s hotline at 632-8559999 to ask about it. Thanks

winwin says :

can i pay my airline ticket to be purchased thru the internet with the BPI atm?

MEV says :

Hi Winwin,

No you cant. However, if you will apply for their latest Debit Credit Card which is called MyEprepaid card which primarily focused on online payment, you can use it purchasing PALs ticket.

Francisco Buchanan says :

haha It’s really funny that you’re criticizing the grammar and the diction of the flight attendants and even their confidence, while you are just writing here and do not even check your grammar. You’re such a waste dude haha

Ramon B Buno says :

I have a travel plan comes Nov 5, 2013 from Manila to Davao and vice versa on Dec. 1, 2013. My question is, how many kilos am I allowed for my checked-in baggage and how much I have to pay if I exceeded the limits…Thank you so much….

Sherwin Mendizabel says :

Hi, standard check-in baggage is maximum of 15 kilos and excess base on experience will be above 100 pesos per kilo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401108431630931/k2311a0811/8.11.08