Loreal Paris Eye Make-up Remover  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I hate to say that about something that cost me well over five dollars (over $1/ounce), but it seems to be no stronger than that
  • Then, to top it all off, I thought maybe I just didn't get enough of the solution, well, big mistake

• by Kristin Long

This eye make-up remover from Loreal Paris is supposed to be oil free, safe for contact lens wearers, and dermatologist tested. These things are all true about the product, but its also supposed to remove make-up, specifically eye make-up, from the eye. I could have scrubbed, hard, for a week and still not got any farther.

I looked like a bloody raccoon. It is powerful enough to smudge the eye make-up just enough to make a

girl look like she’s been in a bar fight.

I scrubbed and scrubbed, but it didn’t seem to work. The mascara I was wearing was a waterproof kind, and I’m thinking that had something to do with it.

If the remover is oil free, and gentle, it must be merely blue water. I hate to say that about something that cost me well over five dollars (over $1/ounce), but it seems to be no stronger than ...

• that.

It kind of infuriated me when I scrubbed this all over my eyes to look at myself in the mirror and notice the beautiful shiner I had given myself through the smudging, not removing, of my eye make-up. Then, to top it all off, I thought maybe I just didn’t get enough of the solution, well, big mistake.

I gave up after I felt my eyelids getting raw. The product was a waste of time

and money.

I will likely never use it again. Furthermore, I had to wait nearly two days before I could wear any eye make-up, because by the time I got it all off, my dark black and blue eyes had turned an angry red color.

I hated this product, even more so because on the bottle, it says how it “instantly” removes eye make-up. I don’t appreciate being lied to, and I don’t appreciate this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311108431440931/k2311a0811/8.11.08