Marriott Waterfront Seattle  » Hotels  »
Seattle Washington
  • The hotel is completely smoke free which I love hate stale cigarette smoke
  • I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and watching what was floating on the bay

• by amandafishy

The Seattle Marriott is a lovely hotel to stay at. The hotel is right on the waterfront and has a modern look to it. The hotel is completely smoke free which I love hate stale cigarette smoke. The hotel eight floors and over 300 rooms. The outside of the building is silver in color with lots of glass. There are spectacular views from the rooms in the front of the hotel. Since the majority of the property is concrete, the landscaping was primarily done with concrete planters. The planters in the front of the building had small deciduous and evergreen trees in them and colorful annuals in the planters with the trees. There are also places to sit outside.

The lobby is incredible. The floor of the lobby was all mosaic tiles in an absolutely beautiful design. The design is really difficult to describe. It had colors of gold, grey, black and charcoal blue. From what I was told it is meant to represent the sky, light

and the bay next to it. The lobby is long with several different seating areas. The ceiling above the mosaic area has a circular theme with lights which are made to look like stars. In the center of this was a big chandelier. It looked antique, but I am sure I t was not. In the center of the lobby under the chandelier was a table with an unusual art piece in a variety of colors. It looked to me like something from the ocean. The seating was nothing spectacular. There was several high backed cushioned chairs in neutral tones. Above the seating areas were several large original pictures all with the theme of water and forests in extremely bright colors. Next to the elevators was a huge sheet of fused glass which was brought in from Itally. The floors in this area were glossy tile and the tile reflected the glass on the wall. It produced quite an array of beautiful colors.

Our room was really nice.

• Our room had a view overlooking Elliot Bay and the Olympic Mountains. The room was wall papered in warm beige. We had a queen bed with a unbelievably thick quilted mattress. We have never slept on anything like this and it was wonderful. We had a down quilt covered with a tan and white duvet. The bed also had feather pillows six of them to be exact and a neck support pillow. The bed had a tan bed skirt. The headboard was dark wood in a dome shape. There were two night stands on either side of the bed made of the same dark wood with black highlights. There were lamps on the night stands which looked like pineapples with a white lampshade. There were several dark framed prints on the walls. Our room also had a balcony, just that much closer to the water. I enjoyed sitting out on the balcony and watching what was floating on the bay. Our room had two phone
        with different lines.

There was really unusual pool in and out of the building. Part of the pool was outside the building and the rest of it was inside. The pool is heated and can be used year round. The pool had glass doors over it when not in use. The outside pool had a combination of blue and white tiles. There were lots of potted plants around the area and about eight lounge chairs. Inside the hotel was a whirlpool and a workout room which was open all day.

One night we at the Fish Club Restaurant. I was in heaven every night was fresh seafood. We even had breakfast down there. They even had multi cultural fish dishes curry and all sorts of stuff. The restaurant had glossy tiled floors and the tables were all done in black with chairs with red upholstered seats. The walls in the restaurant were apple green. I would have loved to take this restaurant home with me!!!!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21008430791231/k2311a0810/8.10.08