Esteban Classical Guitar Beginner’s Kit
2.0
  • The Esteban beginner guitar kits are great for those who have NO experience with musical instruments (as I was)
  • But for those who are dedicated to improving their musical sound, I would not recommend this guitar as a top pick

• by Famous
      When I expressed a desire to teach myself to play the guitar, my mother purchased an Esteban Classical Acoustic off the internet. The Esteban Classical guitar series includes a carrying case, an instructional VHS tape, an Esteban CD, a tuner, and a few spare replacement strings.

The “kit” was very reasonably priced (only about $129 or so) and

I spent a good deal of time practicing with it.

However, once I began playing other guitars, I realized how cheaply made the Esteban guitars really are.

I’ve replaced the strings on it twice since the purchase, and it still has a “hollow” type of sound, no matter what type of strings are used.

The tuning ...

• screws look poorly made, and the gold metallic color of the screws gives the guitar a bawdy look.

Though the guitar came with a strap, there is only one place on the body of the guitar where a strap can be attached, which means that I had to do a little maneuvering to actually get the strap on and

in place.

But since it has a tendency to slip during playing, I rarely play with the strap attached.

The Esteban beginner guitar kits are great for those who have NO experience with musical instruments (as I was).

But for those who are dedicated to improving their musical sound, I would not recommend this guitar as a top pick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14290343040331/k2311a0329/3.29.06