Apex digital DVD player  » Electronics  »
2.5
  • And because I am seemingly, infinitely cheap, I decided to visit my local Wal-Mart for one of their least expensive models
  • Unfortunately, after only several months of play-time, this device completely conked out on me-but not after assuming that the discs I was playing were defective

• by Famous
      As one of the few people to openly embrace the “information age”, I was one of the last to purchase a DVD player. And because I am seemingly, infinitely cheap, I decided to visit my local Wal-Mart for one of their least expensive models.

A couple years ago, I went and bought the Apex DVD player.

It’s

an incredibly simple device, not very large (about half the size of my VCR), and comes with a fairly uncomplicated remote and set of instructions.

Unfortunately, after only several months of play-time, this device completely conked out on me-but not after assuming that the discs I was playing were defective.

The truth is, Apex DVD players are cheaply ...

• made, and are of cheap quality.

I ended up having to purchase another one -and now that one is beginning to make “angry noises” in addition to causing my DVD’s to skip.

Despite the device’s flimsy assembly, I will admit that the features on the remote control are pretty extensive for such a little machine.

I suppose when I decide not to be so cheap, I’ll go out and purchase myself a better DVD player.

But until then, I’ll enjoy my little Apex machine until it decides to retire to that great DVD graveyard in the sky.

My recommendation? If you’ve got the extra bucks, go ahead and spring for a better DVD player.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16280343030231/k2311a0328/3.28.06