Spicy Chicken and Beef Chao Fan  » Food  »
Chowking Fast Food Manila Philippines
  • They are a fast food, almost available anywhere so it is a lot more convenient for people to buy from them than from Chinese restaurants which will take a lot of time
  • I have to agree that I never did appreciate Chao Fan (chowking fried rice) before

• by Jaqui

Ordering fried rice has never been easy before, prior to the offerings of the Chowking Food Corporation. They are a fast food, almost available anywhere so it is a lot more convenient for people to buy from them than from Chinese restaurants which will take a lot of time.

I have to agree that I never did appreciate Chao Fan (chowking fried rice) before; now I really do because it is convenient

to buy and it is put in a box.

Recently I have tried the spicy chicken and beef chao fan.

It is really good and very spicy as I would like it to be, and meaty too.

I have had several meat slices in my order and a few chicken meat balls.

I really appreciate the taste and have never tasted rice so wonderfully spiced.

What I did not like about the ...

• rice was that they have put too many onion leaves! It did not complement the rice too well and me having to separate all these leaves with my rice just took a lot of my time.

Other than that, I have no complain, the spicy rice is good, it goes very well with plain dumplings and or tofu.

My concern with this was that this order is about Php80, almost 2 dollars

already, all for fried rice! So when you have to buy an order, you have got to have more money for the meat, or vegetable to go with the rice.

Of course eating the rice alone is just not advisable.

It will be a very boring meal experience.

I wish chowking can put down the price a little bit more for it to become affordable.

$2 for fried rice is just not economical.

Azriel says :

Too bad they no longer sell this product. I liked the spicy chaofan and buys it even if it was on the expensive side. As of this time they only have the pork and beef chao fan variants. Both are great now with the improved version and i admit both have more meat bits in them compared to before. This can be a good choice still when you want a quick lunch and does not want to wait for long for full rice meals complete with a meat dish.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271008430131131/k2311a0810/8.10.08