Okeji Tempura Chips
  • I just noticed that Tempura flavored snacks have become really common nowadays in the city's (Manila) supermarkets
  • Now I have only tasted the Tempura brand and the Okeji , both products are good and as very nice treat, but I prefer the latter
  • Honestly, I like the thickness of the flavor and it does make me enjoy the junk food more

• by jaqui

I have always loved the Tempura chips by Regent Company; I have made a good review about those specific chips already. I am here to comment and make a review about a new “Tempura” flavored chips locally produced by the company that gave us the all famous kiddie milk flavored chips and the cheesy cheese-it.

Their new product is

called Okeji.

I would assume that the flavor and its name of course is Japanese inspired.

I just noticed that Tempura flavored snacks have become really common nowadays in the city’s (Manila) supermarkets.

Now I have only tasted the “Tempura” brand and the “Okeji”, both products are good and as very nice treat, but I prefer the latter.

The ...

• Okeji chip is much cheaper by at least 5 pesos (Philippine Money) and its taste is more evident.

Like my mom and friends say its taste is thicker, I would just comment that the MSG is much solid than the Tempura Brand! Well with that I would need more cola, or juice so I can even out the taste.

/> Honestly, I like the thickness of the flavor and it does make me enjoy the junk food more.

I hate eating chips or its equivalent that lacks in flavor that I almost ate the whole package without even tasting what it was supposed to have claimed in the package.

Okeji chips is a good try; and is very worth a try.

Shane Keleher says :

Do you know if you if you can get them in Australia Melbourne I have just come back from Philippines and love the Tempura chips. Would love to be able to get them here.. great product.. Regards Shane Keleher

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271008429831031/k2311a0810/8.10.08