Durabrand 4 - slice Toaster  » Housewares  »
  • I bought my Durabrand 4 Slice Toaster only 5 months ago
  • I had debated on getting it because I just had a bad feeling, but one day, in my weakness, I decided to go ahead and get it
  • It definitely improved the look of my kitchen counter, being new and white and new

• by Renae

I bought my Durabrand 4 Slice Toaster only 5 months ago. I had debated on getting it because I just had a bad feeling, but one day, in my weakness, I decided to go ahead and get it. My old one worked fine, but was just really old and had the design of a bread bag melted onto the side of it!

It definitely improved the look of my kitchen counter, being new and white and new. I was pretty happy with it.

It

has wide slots for Texas toast sized bread, bagels, pastries and hamburger buns.

I liked the ’stop’ feature on the button for when I wanted to stop the toasting.

It has a nice feature where you can push the lever up just a tad, and it will push the toast up further for you to grab it with your fingers easier.

Of course, like all toasters, it has the hinged tray underneath that you can open to let crumbs out.

I had my new ...

• toaster about 3 months, 90 days. . . you know, long enough that you are at the point of no return, when one day, I put a piece of bread in it. When I pushed the lever down, it sparked on the left side and all of a sudden my new 4 slice toaster, became an oversized 2 and 1/2 slice toaster. Actually, the element that went out affected the right side of one slice and the left side of the other. So,
        it’s not like just one slot isn’t working.

Like I said, I had it just long enough to not be able to return it to Wal Mart since they have the 90 day policy.

Other than that, the toaster works fine. I don’t know if mine already had a wimpy element or if all of these Durabrand Toasters eventually do this. But, I am very disappointed.

Next time, I will buy a name brand that is tougher than this one.

I had paid $20.00 for this toaster.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53908428800831/k2311a089/8.9.08