Sally Hensen Wax Strip Kit
  • I have also used it on other parts of my face and not had a problem
  • However, just to give it a shot one day I decided to try it on my bikini line since I never had tried before
  • But, to be honest this was the only flaw that I found with the product and other than this, I love it
  • It would cause her to break out in red blotchy rashes wherever she had applied the strips and then when she used the soothing oil, it gave her zits but I think that could be attributed to the fact that she left the oil on too long
  • However, I would definitely recommend this product, if anything for the benefits it has in de-hairing your eyebrows and face if you need it

• by KatieLynn

Sally hensen do it yourself wax strip kit great for face and eyebrows, not so great for anywhere else.

I have been using this stuff for several years and still love it. It costs about 7 dollars USD and you can pick it up literally in any CVS, Walmart, target or Walgreens in the aisle with Nair and Veet and women’s razors.

I suppose I should start by mentioning what this product is. When you buy a box of these wax strips, you are getting about 17 double sided strips of various sizes that can be cut to your preference depending upon the area of skin in which you are working on and a soothing residue removing blue oil. You take the strip you are going to use after you’ve cut it to size (be sure to leave a tab that you can pull it off with) and rub it between your hands

to warm the wax so it adheres to the hair on your skin better. You put the strip on your skin going in the direction in which the hair grows (so that the tab that you have left is at the end in the direction in which the tips of the hair point tips as opposed to the roots) and press it down flat. You then pull the skin taut very gently and quickly pull the strip from your skin in the opposite direction of hair growth. It might sound complicated but it is a great and effective way to get rid of unwanted hair if you are a woman.

They also explain all of this in a few easy steps on the back of the box and directions are included, so do not worry if I have just confused you!

Now, this product claims to work on unwanted facial hair,

• eyebrow hair and around your bikini line. It also claims to work on very short hairs and reduce the appearance of regrowth. As for what it actually does, however, does not match up to this entirely. I have used this product on my eyebrows and it gets them PERFECT, not a single flaw. I have also used it on other parts of my face and not had a problem. However, just to give it a shot one day I decided to try it on my bikini line since I never had tried before. This did not work at ALL, it didn’t pull any hairs out and all it did was leave my skin on my inner thighs unpleasantly sticky until I used a heavy amount of the oil and took a warm shower to wash it all off. But, to be honest this was the only flaw that
        I found with the product and other than this, I love it.

Actually, one more downside to this even though it does not apply to me directly. This is not a great product for people with really sensitive skin! My sister has sensitive skin and has used this product even longer than I have, and had to give it up. It would cause her to break out in red blotchy rashes wherever she had applied the strips and then when she used the soothing oil, it gave her zits but I think that could be attributed to the fact that she left the oil on too long. Regardless, be careful with this if you have got sensitive skin or are prone to rashes or pimples from products like this!

However, I would definitely recommend this product, if anything for the benefits it has in de-hairing your eyebrows and face if you need it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31908428730731/k2311a089/8.9.08