The Happening (2008)  » Movies  »
  • I do not remember the last time I have been so disappointed by a movie
  • I think this movie belongs right beside big disappointments such as The Mist

• by Tanya

The Happening (2008) Director: M. Night Shyamalan.

Featuring: Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel.

I do not remember the last time I have been so disappointed by a movie.

Although the trailer had revealed the story right away, there was still some kind of

sense of mystery or intrigue that made me believe that there was more to the story.

I think this movie belongs right beside big disappointments such as “The Mist.

” The movie was really hard to watch.

If it was supposed to be scary, then it did not work since the killer was revealed from the beginning, plus some of the scenes were so ridiculous I couldn’t but laugh.

If it was supposed to be funny, then there were not enough funny moments or ...

• The Happening (2008)
      any jokes.

During the whole movie, the characters deliver flat out and unnatural sounding dialogue, sounding like they have merely memorized it- probably intentionally instructed to do so, but I can’t figure out to what purpose.

When I saw that Mark Wahlberg

was cast, I figured it must be good, since he is known at doing a really good job and making good choices- but even his acting was unconvincing and immature.

So, seriously, the movie is a waste of time, so do not waste yours on it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11908428660731/k2311a089/8.9.08