Sharon Foods Wheat Germ  » Food  »
  • Now it contains protien and is a good source of fiber but here is the only thing I don't like about this wheat germ

• by RJR

Wheat Germ is a nice healthy addition to any dish and there are different varieties of Wheat Germ. I one day decided to go astray from my usual brand and tried a different Wheat Germ by the titale of Sharon Foods Wheat Germ.

Sharon Foods Wheat Germ already has a different look from the regular brand I am accustomed to but it came

in a small 250g package so I thought “Why not, I’ll give it a try.”

The package says it contains vitamin E (which is a vitamin I am usually delighted to see in foods and in body lotions) and folic acid which is said to be good for a variety of things, especially concerning diseases.

As with my usual Wheat Germ the package stated to ...

• use two tablespoons as the serving size per person. Now it contains protien and is a good source of fiber but here is the only thing I don’t like about this wheat germ. It isn’t toasted. It is actually just…plain…that’s the only word I can find to describe it really. I actually toasted it up in a frying pan over low heat and
        it wasn’t bad but it still did not meet my expectations.

I have gone back to using my old brand but maybe someone else may prefer it especially if their budget can’t afford the higher priced brands cause it seems to have the nutritional content and everything just fine. My taste buds have just gotten used to the the toasted stuff from the bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27908427930631/k2311a089/8.9.08