Bally’s a clothing store Chagunas Trinidad  » Shopping  »
1.0
Mid Center Mall, Chagunas, Trinidad
  • I don't know much about the customer service at the other branches but I am here to talk about my experience with the Mid Center Mall branch
  • I have trouble finding clothing that I like and to actually find a store which has a few articles of clothing of interest to me was a delight
  • I decided I would come back to buy a particular top when I get paid on the weekend
  • I don't know what their problem was but they definitely lost my sale because of that silly rule
  • I would not recommend going to this clothing store if you ever visit Chaguanas in Trinidad

• by RJR

Bally’s a clothing store here in Trinidad that has quite a few branches all over the country. I don’t know much about the customer service at the other branches but I am here to talk about my experience with the Mid Center Mall branch.

I had decided to go look at some clothing one day during the week on my lunch break and came across a store called Bally’s. They had some very stylish clothing and the prices weren’t too bad. I have trouble finding clothing that I like and to actually find a store which has a few articles of clothing of interest to me was a delight. I decided I would come

back to buy a particular top when I get paid on the weekend.

I returned to Bally’s on Saturday evening that same week and asked to try on the top that I saw earlier in the week. I wanted to see if it looked as nice on me as it did on the rack. I was immediately asked by the sales girl serving me “Are you sure you are going to buy it?” I was surprised and a bit bewildered to say the least. I told her “Well, I want to try it on to see how it looks then I’ll know if I’ll take it.” She proceeded to tell that if I ...

• want to try on the top I’d have to guarantee that I was buying it right there and then!

This was the first time I ever heard of such a crap (not the word I have in mind) rule ANYWHERE! Other stores in my country let you try on their clothing and if you don’t buy that is just fine. So why was this store different? Are they that desperate to get a sale? Well I asked the supervisor about what the sales girl said and she said it is their rule because they don’t want their clothes to get soiled in the process. I guess I could understand as lipstick can rub

off on clothing but this is why I fold in my lips when I am trying on clothing.

I don’t know what their problem was but they definitely lost my sale because of that silly rule! I am not going to try on something and if I don’t like I still have to take it?! No way…I would not recommend going to this clothing store if you ever visit Chaguanas in Trinidad. That is one crap rule and this is my country so imagine what a foreigner may think! I have never heard that rule before with tops/jerseys and pants/jeans, only with undergarments and they had nothing to do with undergarments at all.

Anna says :

ive been to Ballys on several different occasions, its a great store , ive never had any bad experiences there. if i need something. im sure to check there first cause they have the latest fashion at honestly the best prices, its understandable if the people dont want us to try on white. ..so i dont blame them there . every time i go there i never have any problems with trying on things . the sales girls are very helpful and friendly . encouraging me to try on other sizes and stuff. its actually one of my favorite stores.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24908427920631/k2311a089/8.9.08