Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8  » Software  »
  • Creating brushes was a breeze, using masks was a simple task, adding plug-ins was no headache at all and I found my way around this program on my own without any problems
  • I like to use it for simple tasks even though I have graduated on which programs I use to do drawing, designs, logos and paintings

• by RJR

A few years back I had gotten into graphic design and was learning to create logos. I started off with ap orgram that came with my computer (I can’t remember then ame now) but I was ina group which had tutorials and such and most of the tutorails were for Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and 8. Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 was the newest software on the scene back then.

I

got myself a trial copy of the program and eventually decided to buy a full version because the ease of use was fantastic. Creating brushes was a breeze, using masks was a simple task, adding plug-ins was no headache at all and I found my way around this program on my own without any problems. I even started writing tutorials to share with the group members.

Jasc was soon bought by Corel ...

• and they bought out a new version of Paint Shop Pro. I could not find my way around with ease and after trying lots the controls and settings just seemed to be completely different and it fustrated me.

I went back to my beloved Paint Shop Pro 8 and believe it or not I still have it installed on my computer to this day. I like to use it for simple tasks

even though I have “graduated” on which programs I use to do drawing, designs, logos and paintings.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8 is good for the simple stuff and perfect for a beginner, but it has been so many years I am not sure that it is even in circulation anymore! But my personal feelings about this program would never change. It is perfect for a beginner and works wonders for such a simple program!

Evelyn Pierce says :

I am very new to Paint Shop Pro 8 and I am very confused…allI want to do is resize a picure to 8×10 and then use it as a background for a poem I wrote….can anyone help me …I am so lost

mike says :

Hey evelyn - here is a link for the tutorial on how to crop and resize pictures - - and then there is also a tutorial for learning how to use the full program if you are interested in that too -

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30908427900631/k2311a089/8.9.08