Canon SELPHY CP770  » Electronics  »
  • The concept for this design I believe was mainly for the young and old to enjoy printing photos anytime and anywhere
  • I was happy they included bluetooth in this printer, so I could actually send the files from my mobile phone to the CP770 via bluetooth
  • That allowed me to print photos instantly without a problem
  • You'll definitely not forget the PictBridge connectivity
  • I was also disappointed by the lack of Mac support

• by diatomics

Canon products are pretty popular in Singapore to date. Even with competitors like Epson and HP (Hewlett Packard), they never failed to impress me with new innovative ideas. Canon has marked an era of success with its wide range of photo printers and cameras. This new Canon SELPHY CP770 was really a stunning product to date.

Priced at $249, my first thoughts of the printer were like,” Why did it look like a bucket more than a printer?” I was really amazed by the design of it. It’s shaped as a bucket for you to bring

supposedly a bucket along wherever you go. There are various color choices for you to choose from, including a friendly looking apricot color and white. The concept for this design I believe was mainly for the young and old to enjoy printing photos anytime and anywhere.

Surprisingly, the CP770 produced lab-quality photos, complete with the laminate to protect your memories from dirt and stains. I could actually make instant color adjustments to have photos in greyscale and sepia.

The CP770 actually reads more than 21 types of memory cards, including the popular ones like SD cards and the memory stick pro cards. I was happy they included bluetooth in this printer, so I could actually send the files from my mobile phone to the CP770 via bluetooth. That allowed me to print photos instantly without a problem.

The printer actually lets me have a good view on the large 2.5 inch color screen. I was actually happy to have that function, so I would have a sneak preview of how my picture would end up, even without the use of a computer. It was an adequately large enough for my viewing pleasures.

You’ll definitely ...

• Canon SELPHY CP770
      not forget the PictBridge connectivity. It’s one of the more important features for most people I guess. I would just have to plug my camera to my printer via USB cables and started printing away on those high quality images. I felt that the importance of the 2.5 inch LCD came to place here. The sneak previews of each image let me have a look whether the picture looked good or not.

As you know with all the support you can get, I was sad to say that my printer inks ran out pretty quickly. I

guessed I was too engrossed in printing all the photos I could. I was also disappointed by the lack of Mac support. I had to go to the canon website to download the latest drivers for Mac. There was only Windows support for this printer.

In conclusion, I believe the talking point and marketing of this CP770 would be the convenience of bringing it around. I just had to grab the bucket and go. I was ever ready to print anything on the go with the CP770. Just remember to bring your bucket and not leave it behind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16908427740631/k2311a089/8.9.08